Chapter IV: Team STTRQ (Sophomore Year)

7 Years Ago:

Sophomore Year: September

Reader's POV:

You were extremely fortunate to be able to return to Beacon Academy this year. Your parents had moved back to Atlas over the summer and were under the impression that you would have no issue following them. In a heated argument you had firmly stated that you would not be leaving the life you had built in Vale, and that they would leave without you. You had moved in with Tai for the remainder of the summer before school resumed, but you had already started searching around for a place of your own.

Following the instructions in the letter that had been delivered to all incoming sophomores, you made your way to your new dormitory. Still located in the same building but several floors down, you entered your room to find your luggage having already been delivered. The rest of your team except for your leader had already arrived. The layout of the room was the same as your freshmen dorm, the only difference being that an actual door separated the guys and girls. Currently, everyone was sitting in the guys room. Nudging Qrow, you dropped onto your bed and used your semblance to create shadow tendrils to unpack for you; folding clothes and tossing them in drawers, hanging up dress shirts and jackets in the closet.

"Man, I wish I had it that easy." Qrow lamented as he took a long swig from his flask.

"Yeah, come on (F/N)." Tai says as he continues to slowly fold his jeans. "Why don't you give us a hand?"

You pretend to think about it for a minute before saying, "Nah, I think you got it. Besides, manual labor builds character."

Tai throws one of his shirts at you which you catch and toss back in his face. Going by the look on Tai's face, you can tell an all-out clothing war is about to break out, but you're saved by an irritated shout coming from across the hall.

"Well, this obviously isn't your room, now is it?"

Poking your heads out the door, your team sees Summer cowering before an irritated Glynda Goodwitch.

"Psst." You whisper. "Hey, Summer. Over here."

Summer turns and sees the four of you and sighs in relief. Glynda releases an annoyed sigh and slams her door.

"Oh, I'm so happy to see you guys!" She squeals, tackling you all into a large group hug.

The group moves into the girls' side of the room to accompany Summer as she unpacks. Using your semblance, you help expedite the process.

"Hey!" Tai exclaims. "What happened to 'manual labor builds character.'?"

You simply shrug and continue to help Summer unpack.

Sophomore Year: December, Christmas Day

You had managed to find a small apartment last month and had put up a few down payments for it to be reserved for you during the school year. It wasn't the nicest place, but it was okay, and most importantly it was affordable. You had spent the majority of your break moving things from a storage unit into the small apartment. You didn't own a lot, so it didn't take very long.

As it was Christmas Day, and your family was currently in Atlas, Team STTRQ had arranged a get together to celebrate the holidays at your place, doubling as a house warming. While Raven and Qrow said that their family didn't celebrate the holidays and thus they would have no trouble making it, Tai and Summer had to fight with their families to be able to come. You greatly appreciated their sacrifice to make it, knowing that they didn't want you to spend the holidays alone.