Phobias

-Autumn's POV-

I still can't believe Wall-E and Eve are standing on two feet! It's so weird after seeing them as robots for years suddenly seeing them in this human form.

Wall-E has been a cyborg for months already, but seeing Eve as one too, only now makes the whole thing much more real.

And Gordon was really excited to introduce himself, maybe a little too excited...but he's a good guy, he just needs to get past this phrase.

Anyway, we're showing Wall-E and Eve around town, not that they were strangers at all, but from past experience showing new cyborgs around like Mo, Vax (VAQ-M) and Prim (PR-T), it could give them a new perspective of their surroundings.

"So Wall-E," Gordon asked the brown-haired cyborg, "now that you've had time to adjust to human life, have you ever considered getting a more...human name?"

"Human name?" Wall-E perplexed.

"Yeah, Eve easily translates as a human name, but Walle? Maybe not so much."

"Gordon just because they now have flesh and blood doesn't mean they have to change their designation to suit us." I demurred.

"I didn't mean it like that, I just thought it's a new form, why not match that was a humanised name, like Vax and Prim did so."

"But those name changes were necessary, at least Wall-E doesn't sound like a completely robotic name."

"And what about....." he whispered, "you know, what shouldn't be bought up."

I sighed, "that was a whole another reason, and it's sensitive, you know that."

Wall-E and Eve were giving us confused yet intrigued expressions, while Gordon frowned, "sorry, I should've been more careful..."

"It's fine...just don't mention it again."

"......."

"........."

"......."

This was not how I thought their first day would be...

"Well," Eve broke the silence, "I like Wall-E just the way he is, I wouldn't change anything about him."

Wall-E's checks glowed pink as he smiled at his sweetheart, which is a weird thing to call Eve, to be honest, he couldn't stop staring at her that he did not realise he was going to run into something, falling backwards into his butt.

"Wall-E!" Eve panicked, immediately coming to his aid, "are you ok?!"

"Yeah," he groaned slightly, "I wasn't looking where-" he paused halfway through his sentence to moment he glanced up to see that very same object he bumped into, and it freaked him out, "AAHHHHHH!!"

He shuffled back away from the piece of metal with genuine fear in his eyes.

"What's wrong??"

"T-That!" He pointed, "it's c-come back for me!!"

Gordon and I both looked at each other with puzzled faces, "the trolley?"

"Yes!"

"........."

"............"

"It's a bit of a story...." Eve bit her lip, "you had to be there to understand it."

"I mean," Gordon shrugged, "I've never heard of a trolley phobia, but it's definitely not the strangest phobia."

"Phobia?" Wall-E stood up once Eve pushed the trolley away, "what's a phobia?"