Truly awake

When Emily woke up Rossi was by her side. She slowly opened her eyes, and at first she didn't realize she was at the hospital. She let out a mumbling.
"Ehi kiddo" Rossi said, and stepped closer to the bed "How are you feeling?" Emily was confused, where were them? "Where am I?" she asked, and Rossi, with his sweet look, told her "We're at the hospital, don't you remember what happened?" he was trying so stimulate her memory. When she thought of an answer, the memories of Derek's body and of his funeral hit her, and so she said "I don't know, but I remember Derek's dead. We were at the funeral and then we went home but I remember nothing after that."
Rossi immediately understood what went on in her mind during those days of coma, and felt so bad for her, who still believed after waking up that her partner, the man she was obviously in love with, was dead. "No Emily, he is... He is here. He's not dead." She didn't believe him. She couldn't remember what happened after the funeral but she was sure that was real. "I don't believe you, why are you telling me this? I know the truth, you know it."
Rossi was unsure about what to do or say. "Listen Emily, now I'm gonna make a call and then I'll be right back." "Wait what are you..." but Rossi was already outside the room, clicking on Derek's name on his phone. "Rossi what's wrong?"
In the meantime, Derek had tried to fall asleep, but was too worried about Emily's conditions getting worse. "Nothing, it's just... she woke up." By the time Rossi was done saying that, Derek was already standing and making his way to the door. "I'm on my way" he said, but Rossi replied "Wait, Derek, it's a little bit more complicated than you think. She... While she was asleep, she thought you were dead. She imagined everything, even your funeral, and now she doesn't believe you're alive. So... it's gonna be a little bit more traumatic than you expected." He couldn't help but let out a sarcastic laugh, that was so ironic, he had suffered thinking she was dead and now it was all the opposite. "Ok, I'll meet you at the hospital and we'll decide what to do." And while saying it, he closed the door behind his back.