Chapter 20 "Thanksgiving"

Chapter 20
“Thanksgiving”
5 months later…
Clare’s POV
“Lauren you’re making a mess in the kitchen!” I shout while I see Lauren dropping pans on the floor. “Fine then you cook” she says back and leaves the kitchen, I roll my eyes and I start picking up the mess.
After picking up the mess my sister made, I start cooking lasagna and some spaghetti. I hear footstep’s and I see Lauren standing at the entrance of the kitchen “You’re helping so much” I say sarcastically and then I laugh. She rolls her eyes and then she starts setting up the table, she finishes and then she helps me put the food on the table and then we finished. “Who’s coming?” I ask “Natalie, Will, the Sexton’s, Ethan, Emily and Connor and Ava along with their son.” She answers and then she goes to her room.
Poor Lauren, she has to see Connor with another person but it she makes it seem like she doesn’t care, but obviously she cares she can’t do anything about it though.
Connor’s POV
“Avey, you ready?” I say knocking the door to the nursery “Yup, just changing Jordan” Ava replies, I open the door and I see Ava putting Jordan some new clothes we bought him and shoes. “There” Ava says and lifts up Jordan, she starts to carry him and then we leave to Lauren’s Thanksgiving dinner.
We get in the car and we drive there, but before we arrive, I stop in a bakery “I need to buy something can’t go in with empty hands” I say and smile.
Ava nods, since Jordan is asleep.
I go inside and grab a pumpkin pie and a strawberry cheesecake. I pay and we leave, we arrive at Lauren’s house and then we exit the car, I gently knock on the door and Natalie opens “Come in” she says and we enter the warm house. I see that everybody starts to go with Ava and Jordan “Look how gorgeous he is” April says, I smile and then I see Lauren cooking something. I leave everyone else and then I grab her shoulder, she jumps and looks at me and calms down “What are you cooking?” I ask “Pumpkin pie” she responds “Lauren I brought some” I explain, and I raise my hand to show a pumpkin pie and the cheesecake. “We can use both” I say and she nods.
I put the pie and the cheesecake in the fridge and then I close it shut.
After a few minutes everyone starts to sit in the table and then we are all in our seats. And then Will starts to speak “We are all gather around to be thankful for this day. Now we are all thankful for something. I’m thankful for having and amazing fiancé and her son” he says, every starts to say what there thankful for until it’s Lauren’s turn “I’m thankful for being here and for you guys accepting me as part of your family” she says and smiles, we all clap and then, we being to dig into the food.
After dinner…
Everyone is complaining about eating to much. “Well let’s go to the stores” April says and laughs “Sure, babe” Ethan says and gives her a kiss in the cheek “Hey Lauren” Natalie says from the other side of the table “Can you take care of Owen? He’s asleep on the couch, Will and I will pick him up later” I look at Lauren and she nods. I get close to Ava’s hear and say “We should go home” I say and Ava nods. “Sure I’m tired anyway, and also it’s your turn to pay attention to when Jordan cries” she says and laughs, I laugh to and we smile and I give her a quick peck on her lips. “Lauren, thanks so much for inviting us” Ava says and Lauren smiles “Sure anytime” she responds and she keeps picking up the plates.
We leave and then we arrive at our house. I carry Jordan into the nursery and then I cover him up, I give him a kiss in his forehead and then I go back into our room.
[A/N: I didn't have time to write it in time but here is a new chapter hope you like it ❤️]