Finally Meeting Him

Start from the beginning

You quickly started to run over to the noise of someone in pain and were shocked to see a boy! He was fighting three zombies. One seemed to be a teacher and the other two looked to be students. His leg was leaking some sort of black substance. It may have been blood! You quickly sprung into action and stabbed the zombie that was about to bite him from behind in the head. You pulled the knife out and watched the zombie fall the the floor. The zombie was a male student that was wearing glasses, it amazed you how they stayed on though.

The boy kicked a student with short black hair and it fell back to the ground. Before the teacher could pounce at the boy, you stabbed its spine, the zombie fell the the floor, unable to move its body when it's back was broken.

You and the boy both made eye contact, no zombie in the way of your connection anymore. You blinked a few times but he didn't. You stepped back, his wide brown eyes telling you that he was just as surprised as you were.

"Y-Your leg." You struggled to break the connection between both of your eyes, but you managed to look down at his wounded leg, only to see that he was bleeding oil, and his fake skin was pealed off to reveal metal! You gasped and held your knife up to his neck. "You're a robot!" You hissed. "Why are you here? This is my school!"

"I-I'm sorry! I just thought that I could fix myself using some of your s-supplies!" He shut his eyes tightly and held his hands up. You looked back down to his leg, it was pretty beat up. You didn't take pity on him though, he was a robot, they didn't feel pain.

"What's your name?" You asked sternly.

"Astro Boy!" He replied very nervously.

"Do you know any other survivors?" You asked.

"I do! I have some friends and family who are still alive!" He kept his eyes closed as you interrogated him.

"Lucky machine..." You mumbled.

"W-What?" He opened one eye to look at you. You got a better look at him this time, he was shorter than you and looked a bit younger. He hair looked perfect, so perfect it didn't even look real and his clothes looked a bit roughed up. You sighed and lowered you knife.

"Come with me. I'll take you to the science room." You turned to the side and started speed walking. Astro ran after you. He felt very submissive and felt if were to ask your name, he would be cut up into little pieces. You glanced back at him, he looked so shy and nervous, he reminded you of yourself a long time ago. "My name is (Y/N)."

Astro smiled up at you slightly. "Nice to meet you." He said. You turned a sharp corner and opened the classroom door to the science room.

"What kind of things do you need?" You asked.

"Do you have anything battery wise?" He asked. "And maybe something that cleans off rust?"

You nodded and got looking, to be honest, you had no idea where anything was anymore, so it took you a while to find the right items.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astro sat himself on a table and lifted his broken leg onto his knee. You had gotten him exactly what he needed. He wiped away the oil with a cloth and started to fix himself. You watched as he played around, he had no idea what he was doing. He started to sweat as you lifted a brow at his techniques to putting together the wires and what not.

"Do you know how to fix yourself?" You questioned, looking at him.

He laughed nervously. "You see, Reno always fixes me if I've ever gotten damaged." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Is that your brother?" You asked him, picking up the screw driver and tinkering away at his leg. He tensed up as a small 'A-Ah!' Escaped his mouth when you started fixing him.

"N-Not really." He shook his head, red starting to colour his cheeks. "Adopted brother in a way..!"

"Huh." You put down the screw and picked up the cloth to dab away at the oil again. "I used to have a brother." You looked for any mistake you could have made.

"What.. was his name?" Astro asked.

"(Y/N), we would like you to meet your baby brother! Lucas!" You parents lowered a basket to show you small baby with a patch of ruffled hair on his head, his eyes opened and he started to blink slowly at you.

"Lucas.." You pulled away. "His name was Lucas." You looked up at Astro. "Didn't you say you needed batteries?" You asked.

"Oh, yeah. I'm low on energy.." He sighed.

"Could you perhaps take some solar energy?"

"I could use anything as long as it's energy."