What's next?

Alice's p.o.v.

After breakfast Eddie left to go into town and gather some supplies while I stayed behind and cleaned around the cabin. I made a mistake, however, when I began dusting the place sending me into a fit of sneezes. When I finally calmed down I smiled and finished cleaning. By the time I finished, Eddie had yet to return so I sat down unsure what to do.

Eddie's p.o.v. 

After breakfast, I left telling Alice I was going into town for supplies when I really left to find a ring. After Alice had gotten sick it made me realize I had almost lost her three times now. I didn't want to risk losing her again so I decided to ask her to marry me. Once I entered town I stopped at a jewelry store and was greeted by a kind middle-aged woman with light brown hair and friendly green eyes. She smiled at me and set what she was working on down before coming around the counter to me.

"Good morning sir! How can I help you today?" She asked enthusiastically and folded her hands in front of her.

"I'm looking for a ring." I answered and she smiled sweetly before leading me to a case with different rings.

"What's the occasion? If you don't mind me asking."

"I'm planning to ask my love to marry me."

"How wonderful! Does she like big or small?" (I tried so hard to not make that sound wrong😣)

"Small, she isn't one for big and flashy things"

"I have the perfect ring for you!" She said excited and moved behind the case and unlocked the door on the back of it.

I watched as she pulled out a small black box and opened it for me to see the perfect ring for my darling.

It was a simple design yet beautiful and flawless. It was a silver ring with a light blue diamond in the shape of a heart  with small clear and light blue diamonds on either side of it. I smiled knowing Alice would love it and paid before leaving. Before heading home, I stopped at a flower shop and bought a bouquet of lilies seeing they reminded me of Alice.

Smiling, I drove home with the ring in my pocket and the lilies on the seat beside me while humming to myself. When I arrived home I grabbed the lilies and walked up to the door still humming as I went inside hiding the flowers behind me.

"Darling, I'm home!" I called and frowned when I got no answer.

"Darling?" I called again still receiving no answer and I started to grow increasingly worried. I searched the cabin with no luck until I opened the door to our bedroom and foundher sitting on the bed hunched over with her back facing me. Letting out a sigh of relief, I went closer to her and found her sewing a small rabbit plush together. I smiled and pulled her hair to the side so I could kiss her neck making her stop what she was doing as she smiled and closed her eyes.

"Welcome home love, I missed you."

"I missed you too darling. I have something for you."

"Really? What is it?" She asked looking at me curious and I pulled the lilies out from behind my back and held them out to her.

"Eddie they're beautiful! Thank you so much!" She took them from me smiling and I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my lap holding her close to me.

"Anything for you my love, although, they're not nearly as beautiful as you are." I said next to her ear and felt her shiver in my arms. Smiling, I kissed below her ear and sucked on the skin there leaving a mark as she bit her lip.

"I love you so much darling." I whispered as I kissed her temple and she held my hand.

"I love you too Eddie." She turned her head to look at me and our lips connected in a passionate kiss as she ran her hand through my hair. When we parted I breathed in her scent of lilac and honey as I sighed in content.

"I've got something planned for tonight so I want you to dress up."

"But I don't have anything to wear Eddie."

"Don't worry love, I've got that all taken care of." Alice looked at me confused I just smiled as I got up and left the room. During my spare time I had decided to make some clothes for her to wear until we get settled in. Going to a box, I pulled out a dress I had made for her and smiled before returning to the bedroom and holding the dress out to her. 

Alice's p.o.v.

I looked at the dress Eddie held and gasped. It was beautiful!

The dress was white lace at the top with short sleeves and the skirt was a sapphire blue ending a little above the knee in length

The dress was white lace at the top with short sleeves and the skirt was a sapphire blue ending a little above the knee in length. I smiled and hugged Eddie who smiled as he wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

"I love it Eddie it's beautiful!"

"I'm glad you do darling. Why don't you take a shower and get ready for tonight? I have a few things I need to get ready still." He suggested and kissed me before letting go.

"I'll be back in a few hours, be ready before sunset alright darling?"

"Alright love. Be safe okay?"

"I will darling." He said and pecked my lips before leaving. I picked up the lilies he had brought me and smiled as I put them in a vase of water. 

Humming to myself, I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower before going back to the bedroom wrapped in a towel. After drying off, I picked up the dress Eddie had given me and put it on smiling as it fit perfectly. I looked in a mirror at my hair and sighed not knowing what to do with it. I spent half an hour trying to put it up in some way and let out a frustrated sigh as I let it go giving up. I jumped when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and soon relaxed as the culprit kissed my neck lovingly.

"I didn't hear you come in love." I said a little annoyed.

"I finished getting everything ready a bit early. What's the matter darling? You seem upset."

"It's not you Eddie, it's my hair. I wouldn't be able to put it up if it killed me." I said frustrated and heard him chuckle as he let go of me and took my hair in his hands gently.

"If you needed help darling all you had to do was ask. I'm more than happy to help you with anything." He said as he put my hair into a braid that hung over my shoulder. When he finished I turned to face him and he looked me over before smiling and pulling me close to him.

"You look absolutely beautiful darling." I smiled and our lips connected in a short kiss before we parted and stared into each other's eyes.

"Are you ready to go love?" Eddie asked and I nodded smiling as he took my hand and led me outside.