Chapter 6

'It was the heat of the moment...' The song was quietly played by the alarmclock on Dean's nightstand. It was way too early, the sun wasn't even seeable. Dean groaned softly and glanced over at Cas to look if he was awake. The sleeping figure next to him told him otherwise, so Dean decided to get up as carefully as he could. He stood and turned to the bed, smiling when he saw Cas sleeping peacefully, his mouth slightly opened and all the stress vanished. Dean still couldn't believe that this was his life now. It seemed like it was a dream and Dean had to rub his eyes to make sure that it wasn't.

He didn't realize that he was staring at Castiel, who was opening his eyes just a bit. A sigh escaped his lips and he sat up slowly, his vision still a bit blurry. "G'morning..." Dean could tell that Cas was still half asleep and that he needed some coffee. "Good morning darling." He smiled and kissed Cas on the forehead. "I'm making some coffee. Just come downstairs when you're ready." He left the room and made his way into the kitchen. Sam was already there, sipping at his coffee. "Good morning Dean, how's Cas?" The slight grin and teasing tone in his voice told Dean that Sam sadly hasn't forgotten about last night's incident. "Oh shut up!" He wanted to act grumpy, but Sam sure as hell noticed the smile Dean was trying to hide. It didn't take long until Cas showed up and drank some coffee with the boys.

There was an awkward silence filling the room. Nobody said a word, nobody knew what to do. Sam decided that it was a good time to tell them about Charlie's visit. "Sooo I invited Charlie for dinner today. I think you have a lot to share with her..." There it was again, this grin that Sam had plastered on his face. It didn't seem to bother Cas or Dean. They wanted Charlie to know about them, she was their best friend. "Do we have a job for today?" Dean was full of hope. He wanted to spend the whole day with Cas, showing him his favorite places and taking him out.

Fortunately, Sam replied with a simple 'no, go have fun!' "Come on Cas, I have some plans for us!" He didn't actually have a plan, he just wanted to have some time alone with his boyfriend. Dean rushed into his bedroom, pulling Cas with him. He started looking through his clothes, obviously searching for something to wear. When he picked out black jeans, a black shirt combined with a blue flanel, he turned around to look at Cas. "I mean I could change right now but I don't know if you could resist me..." When Castiel realised what Dean was about to do, he blushed and slowly walked out of the room. Sure, they nearly had sex last night. But Cas still wasn't really comfortable being near Dean, especially when he was shirtless.

Two minutes later, he walked out of the room, smiling at Cas. "Okay baby, where do you want to go?" Cas blushed again, the word 'baby' echoing in his head. Was this the first time Dean's called him something else than 'Cas' or 'Castiel'? Because the angel didn't respond, Dean started again. "Is everything okay?" This time, Castiel smiled and responded. "Yes, everything's fine. I don't know, you can pick." He didn't care where they were going, just the imagination of going on a date with Dean Winchester made him smile. Dean grabbed his hand and walked towards his car, the keys in his free hand. They got into the car and Dean started driving.

The sun was shining straight into Cas' face and he had to narrow his eyes a bit. When Dean saw the reflection of the sun in the angel's eyes he couldn't help but look at this beautiful, kind, sweet man. His blue eyes were shining and there was this smile on his face that he tried to hide. A soft blush covered his cheeks as he noticed Dean staring at him. Even though they were together and had already confessed their feelings for each other, it was still new to him. "I think it would be a good idea for you to look at the road..." His teasing voice made Dean laugh. "I'm sorry it's just...you're so beautiful." Cas didn't understand why Dean said that. He couldn't even see his real appearance. "Thank you...But this is just my vessel, Dean." "No, Cas! This is you...this is your smile I love so much. Your shimmer in these eyes that lights up when you're happy. Your kindness. Your love which you give to your family. This is all you! It's not the vessel I'm in love with..Damnit Cas I'm in love with you."