Chapter Three: Okay. What?

Start from the beginning

"Greyson, you don't know half of it." He shivered slightly, and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It's such a turn on when you do that," he said huskily as he stood up and began to tower me. "Now, let's reverse the roles." He grinned. I took a step back, but held my glare. Let's not.

"How about I go home, and you stay away from me, Hayes," I snapped. He raised an eyebrow and took a step closer to me, closing the distance.

"Already on a last name basis? I love it. Alexandria Hayes. Sounds...perfect." Then I snapped.

"Alex! It's not Alexandria or Alexis or Alexa! It's just Alex! Everyone needs to stop changing me! I don't wanna change anymore!" I snapped as my chest felt as if it were caving in.

I guess I've changed so much that if I were to change anymore it just hurts. My name is the only real thing about me. No one will change it and I'll be damned if they do.

"Can I please just go home?" I said quietly.

"You are home!" He yelled. I flinched and stared at the floor. I heard him huff and from the corner of my eye could see him run a hand through his hair. "Fine, but you will be moved in by the end of the week."

"But it's already Thursday," I whined. This wasn't fair!

"I can make it now." I jumped up and ran to the door.

"I'd much rather prefer later," I said, but I knew that part of it wasn't true. To be quite honest, being here with Greyson brought me a sense of comfort and wholeness that I haven't had in a long time. To a human, this would all seem psychotic. The whole idea of moving in with someone you just met, but to werewolves this was normal.

He took a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. I quickly scurried out and ran through the house to try and find an exit.

As I was running through a hall I collided with a someone. A very small someone. He bounced back onto the floor and skidded to a halt. I paused and looked down at him. Little tears fell from his eyes as he furiously rubbed them.

I felt so uncomfortable. I wanted to run in another direction because after I turned rogue I was never good with feelings. Instead, I decided to crouch down and help him.

I gently grabbed his wrists and his wails stopped. He looked at me and sucked in a breath. His eyes were red and puffy and his cheeks were flushed.

"Sorry, little man. What's your name?" I asked softly.

"Riley, and its not a girl name," he said sternly. I chuckled at him.

"My name's Alex, and it's not a boy name," I said with a smile. He giggled and pulled my hands down so I sat in front of him instead of crouching.

"I'm three," he beamed as he held up five fingers. I slowly pulled down two fingers as he smiled sheepishly. "I'm still learnin'."

"It's okay. So am I," I replied. He smiled and grabbed my hands.

"Are you...this old?" He asked as he pulled up eight fingers. I chuckled and shook my head. He scowled at my fingers and stuck up all of mine and five of his. "This old?"

"Close," I said and smiled brightly at him. He furrowed his little eyebrows and put down one of mine. He looked up at me curiously and I shook my head and chuckled at him.

"I just-I don't know. Can you give me a hint?" He begged. I just couldn't resist the puppy eyes he was giving me.

"It's more than fifteen." He stared at me like I was doing rocket science. "It's more than this many," I said and his mouth made an 'O' shape.

He slowly lifted up one more finger so our fingers added up to sixteen, and I smiled. I nodded my head and he jumped up and down while clapping.

"I'm smart! You all can suck it!" He hollered. I paused and slapped my hand over his mouth. Well, not literally slapped, but you know.

"You can't say that! That's bad!" I scolded. He frowned and poked out his bottom lip.

"But bubba says it," he whined. I raised an eyebrow.

"Who is bubba?" And almost as if on cue the boy known as bubba came into view.

"Ry! Mom wants you," Greyson said as he stopped in front of me. It was then that I realized the similar features between the two. The dark hair and the cool grey eyes. Not to mention the little dimples when they smile. Brothers.

"Can Ally come with me?" He whined. I wanted to scowl at the nickname, but decided against it. He's three. I'm sixteen. I've gotta be the bigger person, not the bigger whiner.

"No. Now go," Greyson said sternly. Riley frowned as his little dimples disappeared. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him against my chest.

"Greyson! That's rude!" I spat. His eyes widened in shock and I moved my focus to Riley. "I would love to go with you, Lee, but I think I need to talk to bubba." He nodded and wrapped his little arms around my neck.

"I have a scar, too," he whispered in my ear. I pulled back and stared at him in confusion. He lifted his shirt and in the center of his chest was a line that extended from to top of his torso to just above his belly button. I slowly moved my head down and kissed the scar causing him to giggle. "I think your scar makes you look beautiful," he said not exactly pronouncing 'beautiful' correctly and kissed my cheek. My cheeks heated up, and I smiled.

"I think you should go find Mommy," I said quietly. He wrapped his little arms around me once more and took off down the hall.

"He doesn't like to show people that," Greyson said, startling me. I snapped my head in his direction with a confused look. "His scar," he clarified.

"Maybe he's grown out of it," I stated simply. I stood up and walked past Greyson as he watched me.

I'm guessing that he was eavesdropping the entire time, but I won't make any hasty conclusions. All that I wanna do is go home and see my family.

____

WOW. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING.

200+reads and like 16 votes or smn. Thank you! Let's get more votes on this chapter and I will be so happy!

Thanks!

What did you think about that little heart to heart with Riley? I love him already. It's gonna suck when he dies. Just kidding!!

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN.

Edited 2/26/16