"God," I muttered. "F*cking prick,"

"What was that about?" Kat demanded, staring at me in shock. "What did you mean beating on little kids? Is that were Alex got the bruises-"

"What do you fucking think," I grumbled. "I can't believe you didn't even notice,"

"I know you're pissed but don't fucking speak to her like that," Hunter muttered. "I told Alex that Tom was a bastard before they went out. Alex didn't believe me, so I told him how he beat his ex into a bloody pulp, also didn't believe me. Either that or he just wants someone,"

"He does," I agreed. "That's what he told me last night,"

"Tom beat Alex?" Kat gasped. "Why?"

"Because he's a dick," I snapped. Hunter opened his mouth, probably to bitch at me for speaking to his girlfriend like that. "I'm sorry Hunter, but I'm pissed as fuck. If someone started beating Kat, I don't think that you'd be in the best of moods,"

"Whatever," he sighed. "Just get Alex to break up with him. Tell your parents or something,"

"Like that'll work. He wont break up with him,"

"Then kill him,"

"I'm not killing my brother,"

"I mean Tom you dumbass,"

"Don't give him ideas Hunter," Kat groaned and looked at me in the eye. "If it happens again, tell your parents. If Tom's capable of beating Alex, then he might be capable of something worse. You've gotta make sure that doesn't happen,"

"I know," I sighed. "I know,"

-

Alex was at Tom's. Stupid, stupid boy. So I was home alone, well with my parents. And they'd been asleep this morning so they hadn't had a chance to see Alex's broken face. So I decided to sit them down and make up some crappy excuse.

"Well?" Dad demanded. "What's this about?"

"It's about Alex," I said quietly.

"What about him?"

"He's got a pretty messed up face,"

"Mikey!" Mom cried. "You of all people!"

"Fuck, not like that!" I assured them. "I would never say something like that, he's beautiful, with or without the scar. What I mean is, he's got a pretty bust up face. Bruises, burst lip, black eye.."

"What?" Dad snapped. "Well who the fuck did that?"

"Um.."

"He got that new boyfriend," Mom said quietly. "Mikey, Tom isn't-"

"No," I lied. Sh*t, why did I do that? "Alex is just-"

"He's just what? Come on Mikey, we're worried now!"

"Um.." I took in a deep breath as I looked both my parents in the eye. "He.."

-

{ Alex }

Tom hadn't done anything. I'd actually liked it at his house. His parents were out and he had a copy of the new Spiderman movie. So we got up on the couch, me laying on him because he'd f*cking squish me, and then watched what was probably the best movie in the world. Well, the parts I actually saw were amazing. I ended up falling asleep and Tom woke me up when his parents got back. They were really nice to me. Nice, but sympathetic. It was like they knew Tom had hit me. They didn't say anything though. I mean, it was probably just me that thought it.

When I walked back into my house after being dropped off by Tom, I kicked off my shoes off and hung my hoodie over the stair banister. I was gonna make my way upstairs but Mom calling my name led me to the kitchen instead.