Every wolf knows that the love you have for your mate is intense, but the love you have for your offspring produced with your mate is insurmountable, she knew deep down if her mate would have known he never would have done what was performed tonight.

But the truth is he cast her aside, he chose to push her out of his life, and her maternal side was glad for it, she would make sure her child only ever knew love as she would do anything and everything in her power to keep him away from her baby because unfortunately once said, a cast away can not be taken back...its as if the invisible bonds that hold mates together are instantly torn and the edges become frayed beyond repair.

"The baby is fine, but, h-he, he cast me away."

Her best friend gasped and clutched at her chest. "No, he can't, oh goddess divine...we will leave, tonight." She said sternly, she was angry for her friend, only she knew the true story of why she is a rogue and now this. She wouldn't stand for it.

"I refuse to ask you to leave this place." The young girl sighed sadly. "I know how much you enjoy your freedom and independence."

"I have nothing here except for you, no family, no mate, you are my best friend and the moon goddess brought us together for a reason...so I'll be damned if I stand by and let you take on this responsibility alone, perhaps if we spoke to your father."

"NO!" The young girl said with a panic, "we must never let my parents find out, they'll only do to the baby what they tried to do to me."

Her best friend gnawed on her bottom lip, "if that's what you wish."

The young girl nodded, soon the two girls packed up what they could into an old truck that once belong to the best friends older brother. They drove for days and when they ran out of money they even sold some of their items. Two states over they finally reach the refuge of the Black Creek Pack, the best friend was easily welcomed due to her large amount of family members that reside amongst the pack, the young girl was accepted by association.

"I sense you are with child young one." The elderly former Luna stated upon greeting the beautiful young girl.

"I am." She replied sweetly, "just going on three months now."

"Ahh, it is a child conceived by the love of two mates, will your mate be joining us?" The former Luna asked.

The young girl cast her eyes to the ground and her best friend immediately came to her side before she spoke up, "her mate is no longer with us."

The wise woman and the rest that listened gave the young girl their sympathies before placing the two girls into a home they could live in.

. . . . .

6 months later

. . . . .

"One more push!"

The beautiful young girl laid in the hospital bed as her best friend encouraged her to give one final push, feeling completely exhausted and drained, she put everything she had left in her, into the push.

"It's a boy!" The doctor proclaimed.

"You did it doll, you di-...doll, what's wrong?" The best friend asked as she noticed the young girl's pale face and eyes begin to roll into the back of her head. "DOCTOR!"

The doctor was removing the placenta when he heard a woman begin to scream, they worked quickly as nurses rushed into room and ushered both the best friend and the newborn baby out of the room.

As the baby was being carted away to the nursery the best friend was left standing the hall alone, she yelled "What's wrong? What's going on?" But no one listened to her.