Holidays Pt-2

[UNEDITED]

_____Alexia's POV_____
.

.

.

With Christmas over and done with New Year's Eve was approaching fast.

"You and Royce coming to the Pack Countdown?" Raven asked.

I shrugged, "I know Luna Victoria mentioned it the last time I was over, but to be honest I kinda just wanted some ago e time with Royce, I feel like it's hardly just him and I anymore."

She nodded her understand and the sighed, "might want to get use to that Lex...if Royce becomes Alpha, and he will one day...there are going to be business trips, pack meetings, and pack members practically living in your home...I mean look at my parents, how often do you see those two together."

I didn't want her to see how much her words had effected me but she must've sensed my worry.

"But then again, Royce is different...the pack he's taking you to practically worship women, I wouldn't doubt for a second d Royce will want your input on everything."

I smiled and she continued.

"I bet the first month of you two living together you're going to spend so much time together, you'll be begging him to go away."

"Thanks Raven." I said. And I think Royce and I will attend the pack Countdown."

A couple of days later Royce and I found ourselves getting ready for this huge pack Countdown in his bedroom.

"This tie won't sit straight." He grumbled as he fidgeted with the black tie around his neck, I had tied it perfectly.

I shot him a death glare, "if you'd like to swap complaints," I sounded. "This dress is so tight I don't know if I'll be able to sit down at all."

He eyes me up and down, my wolf purred in delight.

"You do look marvelous babe."

I smirked, "you clean up pretty nicely too Blackcreek."

"There's something I've been meaning to talk with you about." He confessed.

"Oh?"

"Well I've been giving this a lot of thought...but how would you feel about me changing my last name?"

"Am I suppose to have an opinion on the matter?" I asked confused, I really didn't mind what he wanted to do with his name.

"Well do you think it's a good idea?" He asked. "At the moment my surname is Blackcreek because I was an orphan born into the Black Creek pack...but I'm not exactly an orphan anymore, and as I'm going to become Alpha one day...I don't think carrying the name of another pack would look too good in the eyes of my new pack."

I understood him now.

"So will you carry your father's name or your mother's?" I asked "Archer or Highfield?"

Something inside me already knew the answer.

Even though Royce's relationship with his father has improved, we all knew that they were still walking on egg shells around the other, they were like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

"Well...a Highfield should always be leading the Blood Dawn Pack."

"Royce Highfield..." I smiled, "it sounds so regal."

He nodded.

__________

"Have you kids made any plans for Valentine's Day?" Alpha Roy asked as Royce and I were heading out for dinner one evening.

Royce smiled, "no official plans yet, but I've got a few things in mind."

I looked at him, "do you now?"

He nodded and smiled, "yes but I'm not saying anything more than that...now let's get going or we'll never get a table."

I followed him into one of the pack cars. Royce never did get his bike running again, he ended up selling it for parts and insisted that he didn't need a car since he'd be leaving before the end of this year, so we take my car or pack car often.

I don't mind really, picking him up for school in the morning is actually pretty nice...because of that I get good morning kisses every morning, and occasionally he'll come bearing coffee or donuts.

We got to the restaurant and quickly ordered as we knew exactly what we wanted.

"So can we please talk about Valentine's Day?" I asked.

He looked at me and nodded, "sure thing babe, what's up?"

"Well, I know it may seem like short notice...but I kind of wanted us to have some alone time together."

He smiled and I noticed his eyes went a slight shade darker. "Really?"

I nodded, "figured we could put your Christmas gift to use and go to Corpus for a somewhat romantic getaway."

"As much as I do love the sound of that...I got you those tickets to go and see your dad, sooner or later we're going to have to meet, and we also have to tell him about you leaving with me."

"A-are you sure you want to meet him?" I asked nervously."

"Babe why wouldn't I?"

"It's just, you know why he did." I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes, "he tried to protect his mate at all costs, Alexia I can guarantee that I would do the same if not worse if a fucker tried that shit with you."

I was speechless, Royce's reaction to my father was the complete opposite of how people usually react.

"Well how about this." I proposed, "we can leave on Thursday after school, get the hotel room and we'll have Friday and Saturday to ourselves to do whatever we want and then Sunday we will dedicate to meeting my dad and letting him know what's been going on with us."

He nodded, "as long as it's what you want babe."

At this I nodded, I may be nervous for my mate to meet my dad but I knew it had to be done, "I can't wait for this weekend." I smiled, inside I was a ball of nerves.

Royce smiled and the conversation was lighter, I couldn't believe in matter of days I would really be sitting next to my boyfriend telling my dad I'm leaving the country.

'What if meeting my dad becomes too much for Royce and he decides to leave without me?'

'What if Dad doesn't want me to go to London?'

'What of my dad hates Royce?'

__________
Author's Note:
Sorry if this chapter seems a bit rushed (one minute it's New Year's Eve, the next it's the week of Valentine's Day), just trying to get the story going without so much filler as the story's starting to run a bit long.

More chapters coming out soon, in the meantime, if you haven't checked out my other story Once Upon A Dream please give it a peek and tell me what you think.