Vibranium

Captain America: The First Avenger - Chapter Nine: "Vibranium"

"AGENT CARTER can you please go fetch the star-spangled man with a plan for me

"AGENT CARTER can you please go fetch the star-spangled man with a plan for me." Howard asked Peggy as Diana closely admired the new shield prototypes.

One in particular seemed to speak to her the most. The metal was completely foreign to her-- she had never seen something like this before. It was approximately 1/3 the weight of steel, the Princess examined, and was fairly strong. Vibration absorbent, she discovered when she knocked her fist against it lightly.

"Of course Howard." Peggy nodded and began to walk away when Diana stopped her.

"Stay here Peggy, I'll go get him." Diana said, holding out her hand to Peggy.

       Meanwhile, Steve waited patiently at the front desk.

"I read about what you did." Pvt. Lorraine said as she held up the newspaper showing his and Diana's successful rescue mission.

Steve scratched the back of his head, he wasn't so used to women talking to him with this tone. "Oh! The...yeah! Well, that's you know? Just doin' what needed to be done. And it's not like I did it all by myself. Dian--"

"Sounded like more than that. You saved nearly four hundred men." She continued, her sea blue eyes scanning him up and down in a manner that was more than friendly.

Diana did too. Steve thought, bringing himself away from the girl.

"Really, it's not a big deal." He said humbly, albeit not for the reason one may think. He was genuinely convinced all that he had done was not a big deal in the grand scheme of the war. He would only accept proper appraisal after Hitler was no more and Red Skull's operation was permanently wiped off of the planet.

"Tell that to their wives." She purred, standing up from her seat. Steve got nervous as she slowly made her way over to him. She was a pretty girl, but she held nothing against Diana. This one looked like someone that might've ignored him before the serum.

"Uh...I don't think they were all married." He brushed off, stepping backwards. Steve was almost paralysed, never having been put in this type of situation before.

"You're a hero."

"Well D- that...you know? That...that depends on the definition of it really." Steve stuttered nervously. Pvt. Lorraine grabbed his tie making him look up. He wondered when she got that close.

"The women of America, they owe you their thanks. And uh...seeing as they're not here." She said as she pulled him over to her desk and forced her lips on his.