Super-Soldier

Captain America: The First Avenger - Chapter Four: "Super-Soldier"

STEVE, DIANA AND PEGGY sat in a car driving through Brooklyn.

"I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot. And behind that diner." Steve said, his voice getting lower with each sentence.

Steve pointed at another which Diana recognised as the alley she first met and saved him in years back. A man called had been teasing him because of his height, and kept pushing him around. This caused Steve to become angry and attempt to fight him, which only ended up with him on the floor with a bloody nose. Before things could progress, Diana had stopped the man within a mere second, and helped a slightly woozy Steve Rogers, back to his home.

"Did you have something against running away?" Peggy asked Steve curiously.

"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. Can't say no forever, right?" Steve replied glancing out the window. Peggy stayed silent when Diana answered.

"I know a little of what that is like. To have every door shut in your face. So does Agent Carter. This society has not yet accepted women as their equals." Diana said nodding to her friend. She had been called so many great things, but man were cruel in these times, saying she that because she was a woman, that she could not possess such strength.

"I guess- I just don't why you'd wanna join the army if you're a beautiful dame. Or a beautiful... a woman. A Lieutenant— Colonel, not a dame! You are beautiful, but..." Steve stuttered as a blush came across his face. He once again embarrassed himself in front of Diana. To him, she was the most beautiful person he had ever seen, but her beauty was not only because of her looks.

Her heart was pure gold, but the thing about gold is that it's malleable-- easy to mold, shape and ruin it's once brilliant form. Steve knew first-hand how easy it was for a pure heart to be broken.

"You have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?" Peggy laughed looking between Diana and Steve. She could sense the care they had for one another, it was as clear as day.

"He has always been like this around me." Diana teased chuckling along with Peggy. The agent certainly knew why. Even Peggy sometimes gets nervous around Diana, and they've been friends for years.

"This is one of the longest conversations I've had with women-- plural. They aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on." Steve said. Diana furrowed her brows, as did Peggy. Steve always put himself out there when it came to love. He liked to think there was a perfect person out there for everyone. Staring at Diana, he wished he was lucky enough for her to be his.