★ Epilogue

A/N: FUCK YEAH! I updated the rest of the story cause why not. If u click on this one first, go back cause I posted like 4 times before this. I'll start the next book, most likely tomorrow, but this has been the book that I've been consistent with the most and I'm so proud. Typically I lose interest in writing a story after the first few updates cause I'm lazy and bipolar ASFFF but I'm proud of this.

★★★★★

Steve's eyes snapped open as he found himself inside a hospital room, or at least that's what it was made to seem like. Steve glanced around, realising that this could not be a hospital. Something felt off.

He heard the radio and grew suspicious as he recognised the game that was playing. This can't be right, he was at this game. Steve was broken from his thoughts as the door to his room opened.

"Good morning." The secret agent said to Steve.

"Where am I?" He immediately asked.

"You're in a recovery room in New York city." She replied as though she had practiced a thousand times.

"Where am I really?" He asked suspiciously, making the woman become nervous.

"I'm afraid I don't understand."

"The game, it's from May, nineteen forty one. I know, cause I was there." He said as he got up from his bed.

"Now, I'm gonna ask you again. Where am I? And where is Diana?" He pushed.

"Captain Rogers..." She trailed off as she pushed a secret alarm.

"Who are you?" He asked more aggressively.

Two soldiers barge into the room, but Steve easily knocked them through the wall. He peaked out and noticed that he was on some sort of set. Steve began to panic as he ran out of the building, despite the woman telling him to stay.

"I repeat. All agents, code 13!" The agent alerted as she brought out a walkie-talkie. Steve forced his way out and found himself in 2011's Time Square. He looked around with wide-eyes at the unfamiliar site. It all looked so futuristic to Steve as he was shocked and frozen in place.

He never had time to react as numerous black SUV's encircle him.

Nicholas Fury then stepped out of one of the vehicles.

"At ease, soldier!" He commanded as he walked closer to Steve.

"Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but... we thought it best to break it to you slowly."

"Break what?"

"You've been asleep, Cap. For almost seventy years." Steve flinched as Fury called him Cap. That was something Diana had called him.

"You gonna be okay?"

Steve glanced around at the new world, a pure sense of awe, but then he frowned and looked down, remembering his final moments with Diana Prince, the woman he loved.

"Yeah. Yeah. I just...I had a date."

★★★★★