16

Kara

"You sure you're gonna be okay with us gone for the weekend?" my mom asked as she loaded her bags into the car.

"I'm all grown I'll be okay," I smiled and stroked my hair.

"Okay my angel," she kissed my forehead, "I love you so much. Feel better."

"Thanks mom I love you too," I smiled and tried to hold back my tears. The last few weeks had been difficult for me on account of Matthew.

"Bye Kara we'll see you soon," my stepdad hugged me and got in the car.

"Bye Owen," I waved as they drove away.

I went back inside the house and the minute I sat down, my door started making a noise.

"Damnit," I cursed under my breath. I got up and answered the door to see Matt, standing there with a giant teddy bear and flowers.

"Matty," I silently started crying again and hugged him tightly.

"My baby," he smiled and planted kisses all over my face.

"I missed you so much," I buried my face into his chest.

"I missed you too," he gently placed his lips on mine, "these are for you."

"Thank you babe," I smiled and kissed his cheek as I took the flowers and teddy bear, "you gotta stop getting me things."

"For you? Never ever ever," he chuckled.

"Ugh wow," I rolled my eyes and placed the teddy bear on the couch, "I'll be back a second. I just need to put these in water."

I went to the kitchen and came back to see Matt sitting on the couch with his arms wrapped around the teddy.

"I think this bear's getting tired why don't you come and take this space," he smirked and opened his arms.

"Wow," I giggled and sat in place of the bear.

"I missed you so much," he kissed my forehead repeatedly.

"Me too. What's been going on babe?" I asked and that's when he remained silent.

"Babe?" I asked again.

"You don't have to worry about that alright," he kissed my cheek.

"Matthew how come you won't tell me what's going on?" I asked, getting a little hurt.

"It's honestly not important," he groaned.

"Matt can I ask you," I began, "do you still wanna be with me?"

I saw his face turn into a portrait of anger. Oh God no.

"What do you mean? Of course I still wanna be with you. Kara I'm giving you a chance right now. I don't mess things up with you because you're not like the other whores I've been with. Trust me, what I'm doing now is nothing compared to what I can do," he explained furiously.

"So leaving me hanging for weeks on end and leaving me in the damn dark is nothing to you? Matt I've literally been crying because I don't know what's going on," I started crying again, this time with more force.

"I've been apologising to you countless time. What more do you want?" he asked as he got up and glared at me with flared nostrils of fury.

"I want you to be here for me. With me. Buying me gifts every time you fuck up isn't apologising," I whined in agony and that's when I burst.

"Kara," he softened as he watched me break down.

"Matt no," I choked and looked away.

"Listen babe. I don't want anything bad to happen between us. I'm so sorry for blowing you off and keeping you in the dark. My dad and Casey might consider separating and as much as I'm kinda glad that gold digging bitch will be gone, my dad seems crushed about it. My dad means the world to me so obviously I have to be there for him," he explained as he slowly wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh Matty," I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder, "I'm so sorry.  I feel like such a needy bitch now."

"It's okay you're right. I am neglecting you and that's never gonna happen again. I promise," he whispered and kissed me softly. This boy has literally turned me into jelly.