Chapter 7

Lucas and Nature's P.O.V

Lucas sat up against a tree with Nature. The air around them was howling. There were noises everywhere. Laughing, screaming, howling, a lot of confusion.

Nature lowered her eyelids. "What the helll." She noticed Lucas doing a drunk-like expression. This is reasonable. Considering he has super great hearing being a Lucario and stuff and there's a lot of noise so he probably is dying right now. Idk.

"Ducas, you chill?"

Lucas took a second to answer. "The last thing from 'chill'..."

"Noice." Nature's quick eyes caught a Houndoom jumping onto a tall sturdy stump in front of them. "YO BITCH. HOW LONG WE BEEN HERE? AND CAN YOU GET YOUR BUDDY OL PALS TO SHUT THE HELL UP BEFORE I PUKE BUTTERFLIES ON THEIR SORRY ASSES."

The Houndoom bowed his head to her in an act of fake obedience. He soon broke this by laughing, though it sounded like a bark. "A night. Do not fear. You'll be out in no time!"

Lucas went to lift his arm. But he couldn't. "Hm?" Realization hitting, he spotted a Female Meowstic beside the Houndoom.

"Huh...? Espi? Haven't we met before?" Lucas watched her take her line of vision over to him. "You're with these guys?"

"I'm with anyone." Espi said simply.

Frowning, Lucas looked at the many ghost and dark types talking. "SHUT UP." They went silent after this.

He then was back to the canine-Pokémon before him. "Are you Spio?"

"Why would it matter to you, Lucas?" Spio cheeks raised a grin.

The clearing around them got even more quiet, but somehow more lively at the same time.

Lucas was staring. "...I've seen you when I've looked into Ember's aura before. You know her." Even if this was supposed to be a question, it sure didn't sound like it.

The lean canine's expression fell for a split second until his eyes almost gave him a warm, fatherly smile. "A Lucario that can access even memories. A special one, aren't you?"

"I LIKE THIS PERSON." Nature stated out of the blue.

As pretty much always, she was ignored.

Lucas didn't show anything. "Maybe. Are you going to tell me what's going on or do I have to find out myself?"

"Oooh, we got ourselves a bad ass." Spio barked, causing his followers to chuckle deeply.

Spio angled his head to where he was looking down at the two. "I see no point to lie to a wise Lucario. Plus, it won't change wether I tell you the truth or not."

"What do you m-"

"We are a clan, in a way. As you can see, all of us are dark or ghost types, right?" Spio used his slender tail to gesture to the Pokémon around him. "Us as those types are often neglected. Called 'evil'. All of us have a tragic backstory."

"All of us have been hurt. We let in others who have been through this pain. And we help each other get revenge on those who've hurt us, and we give each other our support and friendship."

Why does this sound good and bad? Lucas questioned as he listened to the Houndoom's words.

"Yes, I know Ember. She was one of us. One of the toughest. Until... an event." Spio curled his tail around his paws after sitting down. "We want her back."

"And Espi has dropped in on her." A voice from the crowd joined in as a volunteer. "She says she's with you two and a few others."

Spio nodded. "She would never come back to us willingly. Which, is why you are here."