Chapter Twenty-Six.

Thanksgiving

Your POV

"Come on, girls. Lets go," I yelled out and they came out of Bri's room. Bella came down the stairs and jumped into my arms. Bri slowly walked down the stairs with her head down.

"What's wrong, cupcake?" I asked as she reached the last stair.

"I'm sleepy. I couldn't sleep last night," she said yawning.

"We'll try to get home early then, okay?" I told her and she nodded. I opened the door and let Bri walk out. I grabbed my keys, set the alarm, walked out and locked the door. I unlocked the car and Bri climbed into the front seat. I put Bella in her car seat and strapped her in.

"Kissy, mommy," she said and I planted kiss all over her face.

"Thank you, mommy," she said adorable as I stopped kissing her face.

"You're welcome, baby," I told her as I closed the door. I walked over to the driver side and got in. I started the car and quickly put on my seatbelt, before backing out of the driveway.

"We're going to your grandma's house right?" Bri asked and I nodded.

"You sure you're alright, baby girl?" I asked her and she nodded her head, then it clicked.

"Anxiety?" I asked and she nodded, "if you ever feel overwhelmed we'll go outside, so you can calm down."

"Okay," she replied resting her head on the window. Ten minutes into the drive they were both asleep and snoring. I shook my head and continued driving. It took about an hour to get to my grandmother's house. There weren't that many cars out which was good, but I knew that it wouldn't be long until others arrived. I parked in the driveway and took a deep breath. I shook Bri lightly to wake her up, but she wouldn't bulge. I shook her with a little more force and she woke up groaning.

"I'm tired, Y/N," Bri mumbled rubbing her eyes.

"I know, cupcake," I replied. I opened the door and went around the car to get Bella out of the car. I could deal with a grumpy fourteen year old, but a grumpy, tantrum throwing three year old was a big no. I carefully took her out of her seat with out waking her up. I closed the door and locked it as Bri shut her door. I walked to the front door and knocked on it.

"Give me a second," I heard my mom's voice yell out. The door swung up revealing my mom with a big smile on her face. She hugged me tightly.

"You must be Brielle," she said offering the girl a hug, which she shyly accepted.

"Come in, your grandmother is waiting for you in the kitchen," she said letting us in. I walked into the kitchen to see my grandma cooking and dancing around.

"Mama, look who's here," my mom said and her mother turned around with big eyes.

"My baby," she cried out and rushed over to me. She gave me a tight, yet gentle hug since Bella was still in my arms.

"I've missed you so much," she said wiping her tears, "look at you. You're not my little baby anymore. Look at these two beautiful girls you have. I'm so glad you got your granddaddy's caring heart."

"You're Brielle. Must I tell you that you are a very beautiful young lady," she told Bri, who blushed and smiled, "and look at those pearly white teeth. Y/N didn't get blessed with that."

"Hey, my teeth are perfect now," I said showing her my teeth and my grandma laughed looking at my teeth. I sat down in the nearest chair and Bri sat next to me. Bella started waking up and let out a loud yawn in my ear.