Chapter Twenty-One.

Your POV

Isabella helped me make Armand some food. Armand came into the kitchen with his sketchbook and sat down by the bar.

"O'der up," Bella shouted and put the plate on the counter near him. Armand smiled and thanked the younger girl. I let him eat his food before asking him anything. Bella was sitting on the counter top still attached to me.

"Mommy, I s'eepy," she said yawning.

"Why don't you go get in the bed?" I asked her.

"I wan' s'ay wit mommy," she replied resting her head on me. I scooped her up in my arms and rubbed her back until she fell asleep. She really didn't weigh anything at all, so it was fine.

"She's the cutest little girl ever," Armand said breaking the silence, "thank you for the food."

"You're welcome. She's a character," I replied looking down at the younger girl, who was knocked out.

"Thank for this. It really means a lot."

"It's nothing really. You mind telling me more about you?"

"Oh, not at all. Well for starters if you're wondering how I was born and you didn't see that she was pregnant, it's because she had a surrogate. After the divorce with your dad, she married my dad and we moved to Calabasas. She was the ideal mom. Cool, caring and what not. My dad on the other had he was a pain in the ass. Homophobic, transphobic and ignorant. About six months ago, my boyfriend and I were going to come out to our parents together, but he chickened out. When my dad kicked me out, mom was crying. He back handed her and pushed away from me. I ran to my boyfriend. He was the first person I told. He started being asshole for no reason. Well, he did have a reason. It because I didn't have money anymore. We broke up and I began to walk. Not really knowing where to go, I just walked. I've been in L.A for the past six months with just a sketchbook hoping that something good would happen."

"That's a lot. I'm sorry you had to see the true side of that demon and for what you've been through."

"What was life like before hell broke loose when you were younger?"

"She was cool and shit, but small shit would tick her off. I was a trouble maker when I was little and it didn't help that I had a partner in crime to get in trouble with. I had a smart mouth and I didn't care about whose feelings got hurt. She'd wanna beat my ass, but my sperm donor would stop her. The storm hit and all hell broke loose. They argued constantly. I argued with her. She'd  say hurtful shit to me. Them getting a divorce was supposedly my fault, but really she needed someone to blame for getting caught. The divorce was settled. She disappeared and later reappeared after I won the championship fight."

"She came back with a black eye and a cut on her face. What happened?"

"Normani laid hands on her," I said laughing and he joined in. I heard Elliot's babbling and chubby little feet hitting the ground. I saw him peek around the corner. He then ran over to me with his hands up in the air. I scooped him up and he grabbed my face to look at him. Khalil came in and shook his head at his son.

"I'll keep him. Can you go and put her in the bed with Normani? She should stay asleep," I told him. He nodded and took the three year old girl out of my arms carefully and brought her to the room with Normani before going back to the living room.

"Let me guess. She let her mouth write a check that she couldn't cash?" he asked and I nodded.

"Seems like that's the only thing she knows how to do."