Chapter 4

Yoohyeon rose up slowly, now sat in the middle of her bed. Something was different.

Behind her, the curtains were streaked with coloured liquid upwards as if it had been poured on upside down. The streaks pooled where the wall met the floor. The floor itself was also a blood red and there was a lack of furniture in the room apart from dark grained sand piled up in the corners of the room. And there, on the floor in front of her, Siyeon lay face down, blood matting her hair and clothes. Hysteria rose in her constricted throat.

Stop panicking.

A cold sensation took her head by surprise like brain-freeze. Her thoughts froze as if physically held by someone. Or something.

This wasn't reality. Reality couldn't suspend Joker playing cards in mid-air with no strings. She must be in another dream.

So she can just wake herself up.

NO

The word forced itself to the forefront of her mind and stopped her physically, leaving her unable to move as she sat on the bed.

The walls around Yoohyeon fell away until she sat on a bed in the middle of black nothing.

What was happening?

In front of her, a grotesque spider the size of a human materialised, its jaws moving with clicks and its body bobbing up and down. She didn't recognise it by its patterns across its back and legs, but by its menacing presence.

The eyes glimmered and its legs twitched experimentally.

The damn spider.

I control you now.

Her body stiffened and she stared forward fearfully at the object of her nightmares. If she could think, her mind would've wandered to the burning smell of its flesh and the magnifying glass she'd held.

Walls closed in on the bedroom again to make the room and obscured her vision of the horrific spider. But she still couldn't move, no matter how hard she strained. Her thoughts flowed more wildly than ever in her motionless body.

Help!

Her vision darkened again and cleared.
She woke up in her bed. The storm still ravaged outside.

But it was not her pulling herself out of bed and stretching calmly. Yoohyeon yelled at her brain to order her body with her control, but her body continued to move without her controlling her actions.

Who was moving her body?

...The spider?

The mere thought terrified her. The spider was inside her. In her head! Controlling her!

Shut up.

An invisible vice gripped her thoughts and threw them from her head. Each time a thought crossed her mind apart from fear, it was instantly pulled away from her grasp.

The doorbell rang, pealing through the house. "Yoohyeon!" Siyeon yelled angrily from outside. "You better bloody answer me!"

No, Siyeon!

Slowly, she walked across the room, picking up the snow globe on her coffee table by the TV. Inside the globe was a clump of crystals rising outwards at angles. Glitter rained through the liquid, decorating the spires of crystal.

Yoohyeon nodded. "That's right. Stay silent, Yoohyeon. You'll...enjoy watching this."

"Yoohyeon!" Siyeon bellowed and banged her fist on the door.

"Coming." She said under her breath.

She unlocked the door with a firm twist of her wrist and pulled the door open.

"Siyeon!" Yoohyeon beamed. "What are you doing here? Is something wrong?"

"You can jolly well bet there's something wrong!" She exploded with an accusing stare at the silver-haired girl.

She smiled serenely and stepped out into the room, closing the door behind her. "Sorry, my phone's been on silent because I wanted a nap."
"You..." Siyeon couldn't stay angry at Yoohyeon for long and embraced her, her coat transferring rain water onto her dress. "What's been going on with you, Yoohyeon? You've been distant and hard to talk to—on second thoughts, can we have this conversation indoors? You're going to be sopping wet. My clothes are already pretty damp."

Siyeon, run!

Yoohyeon hefted the snow globe in her palm, staring at it with a small smile.

"Yoohyeon?"

Her eyes flicked up to Siyeon with malicious delight and her hand holding the snow globe careened into the side of Siyeon's head.

She stumbled to the side with a shriek of terror and confusion, clutching her head.

"What're you doing?" She shrieked.

She lunged forward and grabbed Siyeon's wrist in a fierce grip. Without a moment's hesitation, she smashed the globe down again. And again.

Siyeon wilted to the ground with a weak cry, lying on her side as the rain pattered unawares on and around her.

With one more blow, Siyeon was unconscious, but that was unsatisfying to the spider controlling Yoohyeon, though the blood seeping from Siyeon's head wound excited it, already tasting the iron tang of her blood in its mouth.

Why was the spider doing this?

You suffer the most through watching your friends suffer.

That's what it told her maliciously, as she banged her bleeding fist on the door of the red-walled room, trying to break free from the spider's grasp.

Yoohyeon raised her hand again and smashed the glass of the globe against the wall, leaving her holding the black base and sharp crystals jutting out of it.

No, no.

"Where should I go?" Yoohyeon sung as she crouched beside Siyeon, letting her watery blood seep between her toes. Her eyes ran up and down her body appraisingly. "I'm a spider, Yoohyeon. Do you know how spiders eat?"

Yoohyeon still her struggling in the room of her mind. "N-no."

"We inject venom into our victims. It helps to break them down. Then we chew with our jaws. Then we swallow."

"Stop it!" She screamed to the room and slumped weakly against the door. "What do you want?"

"I want you to suffer for killing me, my physical body." Her hand fingered her gums, where large serrated spider's teeth replaced her normal teeth.

"Please, no!"

"I'll eat her, and when you wake, it'll be you..." Yoohyeon bent over Siyeon and bit lustily into her neck, injecting the venom into her bloodstream.

"Where should I eat first, Yoohyeon? Her head? Her heart?"

"Please no..."

Yoohyeon reached her hand holding the crystals out. "Say goodbye."

A/N:
This is the final chapter of this short story. I hope you enjoyed and I scared myself through searching up pictures of spiders for this story 
And sorry for not uploading this yesterday, but it was the last day of the college year and I was really busy!
Hope you all have a nice day!