Alice smiled awkwardly. "Good."

Jacob snorted as he watched Bella's attempts. "For a cartoon character."

"Shut it," Rory gave him a dirty look. "If I have to make this man forget he ever saw you in your birthday suit because everything goes wrong, I will slap the shit out of you and Leah won't be able to stop me."

"You're so violent nowadays, Rory." Jacob leaned back into the couch comfortably watching the scene. "Chill. Everything will be fine."

"Hold your breath," Jasper advised. "It will help with the thirst."

"Just don't forget to move your shoulders so it looks like you're breathing," Edward said, running his gaze over his wife to make sure they didn't miss anything else that was a red flag.

"And don't sit so straight," Rosalie added with a humored smirk. "Humans don't do that."

Bella nodded, "Okay. I got it. Move around, blink, slouch." She stood up from the chair, failing to hide her nervousness.

"She looks somewhat human, but she looks nothing like Bella Swan," Rory shook her head. "Try to look as awkward and emotionally inept as possible, then he'll be convinced you're really his daughter. Throw a trip or something in there while you're at it."

"So helpful," Bella snorted sarcastically, albeit heeding Rory's advice by the way she practiced changing her facial features, forcing a nonchalant look on her anxiety ridden face.

The sound of Charlie's police cruiser turning it's engine off was a signal to the family. Bella began to pace back and forth while they all listened to the human make his way down the driveway and to the front door.

Esme patted Bella's arm supportingly. "Good luck," the matriarch whispered before leaving the room like the rest of the family, just as Charlie Swan knocked on the door.

"Come on, sweetheart," Jasper guided Rory up the stairs to their bedroom to wait.

Listening to Charlie and Bella's conversation made Rory a little bit envious. Aside from visiting La Push under severe disguise, Rory was practically bound to the house. She was beginning to feel restless, wishing she could go out into the world again. She loved being home with her family, but she hated feeling stuck. It was only a matter of time before her past caught up with her, no matter how much everyone tried to not think about the elephant in the room.

She wished Jacob had kept his mouth shut.

"Well done, Bella. Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint," Jasper complimented her as they walked into the living room the moment Charlie's cruiser pulled out of the driveway.

It had gone well enough, it was a good thing Charlie knew when to leave things alone, even disregarding the fact he knew Renesmee was definitely not adopted. Bella looked happy to have her father back in her life and Jacob was much too pleased by how everything turned out. Rory still glared at him as everyone met up in the living room again.

"I'm not sure she is a newborn," Emmett chortled, eyeing Bella unsurely, "She's so tame. Where's the ripper at?" he joked.

Bella rolled her eyes as Emmett ruffled her hair.

Edward raised his brow at his brother. "Emmett, don't antagonize her. She's the strongest one in the house."

Emmett cracked his knuckles, his huge muscles bulging in effect. "Please."

Naturally, this was a challenge neither vampire took lightly, least of all a newborn vampire. And so, just before dawn, an arm wrestling match was set up in the woods between Bella and Emmett. Emmett hauled a ginormous boulder from the river onto the small plateau near the main house.