"Sir, that's the issue here, you shouldn't care! That neko is nothing but a pet and you've spoiled him rotten." Magdalene said watching as Gerard poured them both a glass of wine.

Gerard sighed and sat Magdalene's glass in front of her on the counter. "He is in no way spoiled, Magdalene, he's barely brave enough to breath without permission."

"And that's how he should stay. He prances around the house with there pretty little dresses and lace without a collar in site! No wonder why this Dallon fellow is after him so." Magdalene snapped back, adding Dallon in with hopes of making her boss possessive.

Gerard's face was calm for a moment before what she had said to him registered. "After him? What makes you think that Dallon is after Frank?"

Magdalene smirked cockily, "Haven't you heard the way your precious kitten speaks of the man?"

"They're friends."

"Yes, for now. Just wait until that man gets what he's really after. And if he's not after anything yet, he will be soon." She said taking a sip from her full glass. "A seductive little thing you've got on your hands, sir."

Gerard nearly gasped at her words. She was making Frank out to be some sort of whore while he was the exact opposite. The image of innocence and perfection if you were to ask him.

"You're mistaken." Gerard waved her off dismissively.

"Am I? She asked him with a raised eyebrow. Because it looks to me like he has you under his dirty little spell sir."

"What do you mean by that?" Gerard asked, on the brink of agitation.

"I mean that he's got you in the state that that tall fellow shall soon fall into. I'd say that he knows exactly what he's doing with these short dresses, his thighs being exposed the way that they are, the manipulative little brat." She chuckled, "Men are weak creatures don't you agree?" She concluded, tilting her glass Gerard's way.

"I-" Gerard stuttered, at a loss of words. "How dare you say such a thing about such a sweet boy? He's done nothing but exactly what I tell him since he's been here. His clothes, his food, his friends. I dictate them all. So if anyones to blame it's me and if I were you I wouldn't go there."

Magdalene's smirk dissolved quickly, and she placed her glass back down. She was obviously annoyed that she couldn't have the last word, Gerard could tell, but she wasn't stupid enough to continue after a warning like the one she just received.

"I have some laundry to tend to, sir." She said regaining her posture and clasping her hands at her front.

"Have a nice day, Magdalene." Gerard said with 
a confident smile.

She turned away without another word to her boss wondering if she had taken it too far this time. Still, she strutted with her head held high as always and her mind still on much-too-privileged "street cat" roaming the house.

•••

Frank was awake.

He had just opened his eyes after what felt like a lifetime expecting to be in the warm, strong arms of his master but instead he was in his bed buried in his blankets. He sat up slowly looking up to see the shadows of blue stars on his ceiling. He smiled at the shapes, knowing that Gerard had turned them on. Before standing he stretched himself out, arching his back impossibly high and yawning like the feline that he was. After stretching he felt full of energy, like his nap didn't do him any good until he did. The kitten climbed out of bed and curiously creaked open his bedroom door. Immediately he was blinded by the light in the hallway, telling him that it was still daytime and people were still around the house. The help made Frank terribly shy if he wasn't shy enough already. He had only met a few of them but Gerard had informed him that there were many more. He wasn't too excited to meet the rest of Gerard's workers right now and especially without Gerard.