Chapter 1 ®

Glances from across the room from those girls that think they are all that. You know the ones I'm referring too. The ones who make it clear and show off their smoking hot bodies and Oh Yeah let's not mention they throw themselves at every other guy they see and think is attractive.

The boys at this school are attractive, But they are either taken, stuck up, in love with themselves or just complete dicks. The scowl faces I get from some of the other girls really makes it hard for me to do my work. I'm a bit of an outcast as they put it. I shut myself away from those types of groups because I already know I don't belong and won't be accepted for who I am.

Its the beginning of the school year and our teacher is already discussing homework. I've had the crappiest summer.

As the bell rang, everyone rushed out of their classrooms just to get to home. It's only the first day of school, it seems like everyone already hates being here. I personally like to take my time leaving, I don't like to be part of the pushing crowd. Then again I am in no rush to get home.

"Hey Rory!"

I hear someone call my name and turn around to see a familiar blonde walking towards me.

"Niall!" I squeal "hey its great to see you! How was your summer!" I say pulling back from our hug

"It was great, spending time with the family and everything had really nice time, felt great to go somewhere where I'm accepted." he replies with a smile

Niall and I have been friends since middle school. He is the most amazing, sweetest, most honest person I have ever met and he is so dear to me. Niall was an foreign exchange student from Ireland he came mid-October to our school and no one would talk to him.

They all poked fun at the way he talked. I thought his accent was pretty cool. I felt bad for him, he was always sitting alone and so quiet and keep to himself, so I sat with him one day and now were the best of friends. Niall is actually my closest friend, actually he's probably my only friend. No one really talks with me much. I keep to myself.

Niall and I however, were quite alike, we both keep to ourselves mostly. Over the summer he went to Ireland and spent time with his friends and family and I am really glad he had a nice time, I missed him though and well now I glad to be seeing his smiling face.

"How was your first day of school" I ask him cheerfully

"Better than I thought really, my classes are great, teachers seem to be down to earth, so far." Niall says

I laugh at his enthusiasm. Niall never has an anything bad to say about people. He's a very positive person.

"Well I don't know if it will always be this way, I mean it's only the first day of school so of course the teachers may be nice and plus were seniors, they don't want to see our faces again in September, they want us to bloom and move on be a success." I say while slamming my locker shut making a huge noise attracting attention making me and Niall laugh to ourselves.

High School. Those two words that would have made me shiver every time I heard it just after graduating Middle School. Now I am walking in the halls of one for the last year. It's just crazy it feels only yesterday where I was singing along the morning tunes they used to play every morning to start the day off, that was back when I was in kindergarten.

No worries though. Most people say High School will be the longest four years of your life. I'd actually like to look past that and make the most if it. Which I certainly did........because I was told that these four years would be slow. I now realize they lied. I still remember my Freshman year. It wasn't anything special, But I always got involved with everything. But this year I know its going to be different. As my high school years went forward things started to unravel even more.

"Earth to Rory" I blink nervously to see Niall waving his hand in my face.

"Wh.what?"

"I said, do you want to get some ice-cream, it's a nice hot day might as well cool off."

"Umm..yeah sure, why not" I say as we exit the school.

After we got out ice-cream Niall and I part ways. I plug in my headphones as I listen to some music. I always like to listen to tunes that make me move at a faster pace, I don't know why but I feel like it's just the thing that keeps me going.

The ice cream was certainly cooling, but not enough to soothe the pounding in my chest.