Hit And Run (Patrick's POV)

"Babe!" I called up to Pete.

"Yeah?" he called back.

"Are you almost ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah," he said, running down the stairs. "I'm sorry, babe."

"It's okay," I chuckled. "I just don't wanna be late."

Pete said he understood, then he grabbed our sweatshirts and the keys, while I took hold of Jackson's hand. Ethan followed us out to the vehicle, then Pete took care of Ethan, while I took care of Jackson. Pete eventually asked if I had gotten the mail, and I said I hadn't, so while I started the vehicle, he ran and grabbed the mail. He hopped back into the passenger seat, buckled, then went through the mail. Boring, useless, magazine, fancy looking letter. Pete gave me a weird look, I shrugged my shoulders. He opened the letter, then started reading. 

"Dear Pete and Patrick,

I'd love to apologize to you both for all that happened after the concert all those years ago. What I did was uncalled for, childish, and stupid. I know realize how much pain I have caused you, your family, and your friends. What I put you all through was not okay, and I realize that now. So, with this being said, I'd love for you and your family to meet me at my house this weekend for dinner. I'd love to apologize to all of you in person, not through a letter. 

2746 Chicago Ave

I hope you consider this! See you soon!

~R," Pete read.

"R-R?" I stuttered, and suddenly, all those old memories that I tried so hard to forget flooded my head.

"I-I thought he was dead," Pete whispered, giving me the same look I was giving him. 

"Dallon killed him," I swallowed. "You don't think it didn't work, d-do you?"

Pete just kept staring at me. We sat in silence for at least five minutes before I shook my head and started driving. As I drove, it was still silent. Neither of us could speak. We thought that '~R' was dead for sure, especially after the number Dallon did on him. I had no clue what to think, nor what to feel. Maybe we weren't the only ones who got this letter?

Just five minutes later, the four of us arrived at Emily and Jack's place. We hopped out of the vehicle, Pete shoving the letter into his pocket. We glanced at one another again, still unnerved about the whole situation, then we got the kids out of the back of the vehicle. We walked up the the door, then knocked. Emily opened the door seconds later, the twins at her feet, practically tackling Pete and I to the ground. 

"Hey baby girl!" I said, smiling and picking Hana up in my arms.

"There's my little man!" Pete said, doing the same to Patrick. 

"And there's my little men!" Emily laughed, scooping Ethan and Jackson into her arms.

Pete and I laughed, then we all walked into the house, being met with Jack who was hard at work in the kitchen. I chuckled, then Em, the kids, and Pete and I went and sat in the living room and just started talking. And look, I know my daughter, and I could tell something was wrong. I didn't want to mention it now though, but I would definitely have to bring it up later in private.

Just shortly after we had arrived, Jack had finished dinner, so we got the kids situated at the table, then sat down ourselves. We talked over dinner, and of course we laughed as well. The kids finished before the four of us did, so Ethan volunteered to keep them occupied and took them into the playroom. Emily breathed a sigh of relief, which made us all laugh.