☼ ₂

« It seemed funny to me that the sunset she saw from her patio and the one I saw from the back steps was the same one »

Edited

ROWAN P.O.V.

The door opened widely, and I came face to face with a very handsome boy. He looked surprised when he saw me stranded there, soaking wet. After about five seconds of staring at each other in confusion, he finally opened his mouth to speak.

"Hey I'm Soda, can I help you?"

It took a few seconds for me to process what was happening.

"Yeah, hey I'm Rowan."

I felt really stupid at that moment. Why did I even knock on some random stranger's door? He could be a murderer for all I know, but then again if he was going to kill me, I was okay with it, I wouldn't really mind at all.

Shut up mind, for the love of God. 

"Do you need anything?" The guy named Soda asked, tearing me back to reality. 

He looked really confused to see me there, and if I were in his shoes, I'd just slam the door in my face.

At this point, other voices started calling out.

"What's taking so long Soda?"

"Close the door I'm cold!"

"Oh quit whining, Steve!"

Soda chuckled at me. I guess something in my eyes told him that I was cold and needed shelter, so he just opened the door wider.

"Here, let's get you dried up."

I looked at him with wide eyes. He was letting me (a total stranger, mind you) walk right into his house? I mean, I'm not complaining but it was kind of odd. 

I shook away those thoughts and walked in. I was immediately hit by the smell of chocolate cake, cigarettes, grease, and many boys staring at me wide-eyed.

I just kind of stood in the doorway, not really knowing what to do. I was not expecting a house full of teenage guys. 

I had 5 pairs of eyes on me and it was making me slightly uncomfortable. 

Not to mention those 5 pairs of eyes belonged to really, really attractive guys. I let out a little coughing sound, but they kept staring.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer." I blurted out, letting my intrusive thoughts win. 

A guy wearing a mickey mouse shirt started chuckling. He took a swig of his beer and mumbled to the guy beside him, trying to be secretive, but I could still hear him.

"I like her already, can we keep her?"

The muscle man beside him rolled his eyes

"No Two, we can't just keep a girl we just met."

That caused Soda to chuckle as he turned to face me.

"C'mon, let's get you in some dry clothes."

He started walking down the hallway and I just walked behind him, following like a lost puppy.