Yep, with my best friend. So stay away from him.

I'm surprised by my own thoughts. I mean, Sasha is also my best friend. Right?

Is she even my friend? Or was I using her because of my fucking loneliness?

We're so different. I don't recall how we started to talk. But when I needed to forget about everything, she was there to convince me to go out. She tried to match me with a few guys, but I quickly realized they were all fuckboys.

No thanks.

And they weren't Enzo.

I groan. Shut up, stupid inner voice.

Noticing Jess beside me, Sasha gives her a tight smile. They know each other but have never been friends. Another thing I just realize.

"Sasha," Jess starts, faking a smile. "How's life?"

I bite my lip. This is so awkward. Why am I suddenly seeing things from a different point of view? Looking closely at Sasha, I don't understand. I know that in high school, she would have been the superficial girl annoying me. Like I said before, she's not afraid to flirt, and I guess that's fine. In high school, I had fun with that, too. I didn't date a lot, but flirting was fun.

Funny how things changed so quickly with one boy.

Sasha brings her hair over her right shoulder, raising her chin up. "Life's fantastic. Still working here even after college, I see."

I sense Jess' anger vibrating throughout her whole body, but she keeps her smile and replies, shocking me.

"Still going after guys that are taken, I see."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I turn towards her. Wait a minute...

Enzo's not taken.

I open my mouth to argue but have no words to say. I don't want to give Sasha any hope. Selfish? Maybe.

I don't want to see Enzo with someone else. I think that might hurt much more than him being back in my life after he left.

Sasha then whirls around and leaves, making me blink in surprise. Normally, you go after your friend to reassure her or something, right?

But somehow, I stay where I am, because I don't feel anything at all as I watch her walk past Enzo.

However, she stops just before she walks through the door and takes out something from her purse. A pen.

Quickly, she grabs Enzo's hand, and I see him about to react with his agent's reflexes, but he holds back just in time when he notices her. Frowning, he lets her use the pen on his hand. My mouth drops open.

She's definitely writing her phone number.

I grit my teeth so hard it hurts. The bitch.

"The bitch," Jess voices out loud for me, glancing in my direction.

I keep a neutral expression—at least I hope I do—and watch as she turns around and gives us a wink.

She then leaves a perplexed Enzo, who glances down at his hand. He sighs and rolls his eyes. Then stops, and glances in my direction.

Blinking, I look down at my hands. I unclench them, shaking my head.

You're not jealous. You're not jealous.

"Honestly, I don't understand how you became friends with her in the first place." Jess frowns, shaking her head.