6

"Get dressed

"Get dressed. We're going out."
Damon told the twins tossing each a shirt.
Roman complied throwing on the navy sweater, mostly because it was soft, and pulling the sleeves over his hands.
"Yeah, sorry, not interested."
Stefan tossed the shirt down grabbing a different one.
"I didn't ask. Elijah and I have scheduled a very old-fashioned sit-down with you and Klaus. I say go with the black. Makes you look all villainy."
Roman and Stefan rolled their eyes in sync.
However Roman was ecstatic to hear that Elijah was awake, and that the Original siblings were all lying in wait near by.
"Klaus won't make a deal, Damon."
Stefan sighed.
"He didn't have to. All we're doing is buying a little time to give our wicked witches a chance to pop the top off the coffin."
Damon smirked.
"What? You're opening the coffins?"
Roman's grin was the biggest the siblings had seen it since Roman had turned his humanity back on.
"Bingo."
Damon's annoying smirk stayed on his face.
"I'm surprised you've had a smart idea for once."
Stefan snorted at Roman.
"See, undaggering Elijah was smart, Stefan. Are you kidding me? After what Klaus did to him? All of them? He's in vengeance mode. It's perfect."
"There's nothing smart about trusting Elijah, Damon."
Stefan protested with a sigh.
"He screwed us over the last time he promised to help us kill Klaus."
The eldest twin glared.
"Yeah, the way you've been acting, I trust him about as much as I trust you."
Roman bit his cheek not liking when they argued.
"Hm. Well I guess that goes both ways, doesn't it?"
Roman sensed underlying tension that he didn't know about.
"Oh, yes, this is about me kissing Elena. Just remember, if it wasn't for Klaus, you would have never become such a dick and that kiss would never have happened.
So get ready and get happy. We're going to negotiate a fake truce and I don't want your attitude screwing it up."
With that Damon spun on his heal leaving the room.
"He kissed Elena?"
Roman gaped, only to have Stefan throw a wadded up shirt at him.

"Niklaus, our guests have arrived."
Elijah smirked opening the mansion door and sending a wink to Roman.
"Roman, Damon. Stefan. Elijah tells me, you seek an audience. Very bold. Let's discuss the terms of our agreement like civilized men, shall we?"
Klaus sent a wink to Roman as well making the Salvatore roll his eyes at the brothers.
All the vampires had a seat at the table, Roman took a seat Klaus sitting right beside him.
"I didn't come here to eat, Klaus. Fact, I didn't want to come here at all. But I was told I had to cause you would hear us out."
Stefan glared at the hybrid making Roman bang his head down on the table.
"Well, we can sit and eat or I can reach down your throats and pull out your insides. The choice is yours."
Klaus grinned widely, truly preferring the messier option.
All the brothers sat in odd silence, Elijah catching notice of Roman's wide smile.
From just the way Roman sat on the edge of his seat Elijah knew he was aware of his other siblings.
"You lost your appetite."
Klaus cut through the silence shooting a tense glance at Stefan.
"Eat. I thought we agreed that we would leave the grumpy Stefan at home."
Damon was basically begging Stefan to comply.
Thankfully he did so begrudgingly. 
"That's the spirit. Isn't it nice? Five of us dining together? Such a treat. Is this what you had in mind when you pulled the dagger from my brother?"
Klaus rose an eyebrow at Damon.
"Well, I know how he felt about you, so I figured the more, the merrier."
Damon faked a smile as they all continued to eat.