Chapter Fourteen: Concert

Start from the beginning

*     *     *

"Is everything ready?" Levi asked and looked up from adjusting the stings on his guitar. [Name] nodded and ran her fingers over the tuned guitar while she tapped on the microphone, "Yeah." Levi smirked and looked over at the large doors attached to the wall on the other side of the room. For the hour they've been in there, the zombies hadn't gone away. They continued to slam onto the doors over and over again. Levi gave a small nod to Sasha and Mikasa. They both nodded back and quickly opened the doors all the way and sprinted back to the stage as the large area quickly flooded with the dead. 

Both Mikasa and Sasha jumped onto the stage and Connie quickly put the block back. Mikasa and Sasha held both lighters and a bottle while Connie got ready to throw a propane tank and shoot it with the gun Levi lent him. They all looked at each other, letting each other know they were ready. 

[Name] grinned, "Let's get this show started!"

*     *     *

"Do you hear that?" The brunette asked Jean. The pressure on the door slowly started to disappear and the groans of the zombies became distant. Jean furrowed his eyebrows and looked at his friend confusingly, "Marco, does this mall play music through the speakers?"

Marco nodded, "Yeah, but not this kind of music. Plus, it's coming from downstairs, not through the speakers." Jean frowned. 'Who's doing this? And why?'

"Well whoever is doing this is a lifesaver," Jean smiled. Marco nodded and opened the door enough to peek out. "They're not there anymore," Marco said with wide eyes. Jean rushed over to look out the door to see for himself, "No way.." They both opened the door all the way and walked out onto the rest of the second floor. There wasn't a single zombie in sight. Slowly both boys walked over to the stairs and watched as the zombies clumsily walked down them and towards the large doors that the music was coming out of. The person who was singing sounded beautiful, and both boys wanted to know who the voice belonged to. 

"Were there seriously this many?" Jean asked in shock as he and Marco watched the zombies all shoved their way through the open doors. Explosions went off, and Jean could've sworn he was fire. Marco looked at Jean, "Do you think we should help them?"

Jean looked over and saw the gun shop then smirked, "It wouldn't hurt to."

*     *     *

[Name] stood in the center of the stage singing into the microphone while strumming her fingers against the guitar. Her voice filled the room and attracted every single zombie's attention. She was singing the song 'Iodine' by Icon For Hire. It was just a random song that everyone knew and could play along to, so she picked it. 

"I say I wanna be healthy but I turn up the noise, and the IV drips a steady stream of poison."

Connie threw down a propane tank into the crowd of zombies then shot it seconds later, creating a big explosion in the middle of the room. All the zombies around it died, but it only made room for more and the empty spot was quickly filled back up again causing Connie to groan in frustration.

"I think I'm just in love with the feeling, break my bones so I can feel them healing."

Mikasa lit the end of the white cloth and quickly threw it into the crowd. As soon as it made contact with the hard floor, it caused the surrounding zombies to go up in flames. The smell of burning alcohol mixed in with the smell of death, and let's just say it wasn't a very good mix.

"Crazy's, I believe the medical term when we wanna recover but we don't want to learn. Keep breaking what's been fixed a thousand times, and give me some more of that iodine."

Sasha chucked the flaming bottle and jumped when it exploded. She laughed slightly and then threw another, liking the feeling of doing something she's never done before.

"I can't make reality connect, I push till I have nothing left. But if we want to wake up, why we still singing these lullabies?"

Levi looked over at [Name] who was singing flawlessly. He was actually surprised when she started singing, because she was actually good. Her voice hit all the right notes, and she didn't sing to fast or to slow. She sang along with the music correctly. After she was done sing, Levi would sing something. He didn't want to, but [Name] made it clear that they had to have different people singing so it wouldn't be as tiring. 

"I'll run in circles till I crash, one day these steps will be my last, so if we want to wake up, why we still singing these lullabies?"

Eren slammed the drumsticks onto the drums with rhythm. The beat went in harmony with the guitars, creating a good sounding creation of music. And with [Name]'s singing, it all fit together perfectly. After her was Levi, then Eren had to sing. He didn't mind it, Connie would take his place and play the drums while Eren sang. He didn't know what song he was going to do but he knew one thing; it was going to be awesome. 

"I say I wanna be happy, but I quickly forget when I sabotage all the good I've got left. Depression's like a big fur coat, it's made of dead things but it keeps me warm."

Armin changed the keyboards keys so that they'd make the hospital noise whenever he pressed on them to go with the theme of the song. Thank to the laptop that was connected to it, it made it easier for him to do it. [Name] sang the chorus then all the guitars and drums stopped, leaving it to Armin to fill in with the music.

"I don't like pain but I bring it to life. I don't like scars but I'm good with a knife. I don't like tears but I'm starting to cry when I realize, I'm destroying my life."

The rock instrumental came back into the song as [Name] continued to sing. Her eyes scanned over the crowd of zombies, imagining it as regular people. It would've been nice -- she's always had a pretty good voice. She always got solos in choir, and when she was younger she wanted to be a singer; just like every other little girl did. But of course, her childhood dreams never came true. [Name] finished the song with a guitar note and a small smile. Connie shot a propane tank right as the song ended, and the explosion only made it even more epic -- according to Connie that is.

"Nice job [Name]!" Connie shouted from the side of the stage. [Name] smiled at him and blushed slightly. She then traded spots with Levi and smirked at him. He narrowed his eyes at her, "I really do hate you." [Name] smiled widely, "I know, now get singing boy!" Levi glared at her again before telling them he was going to sing 'Cold' by Breaking Benjamin. [Name] laughed, "Of course you'd choose that song." Levi stared at her. "What's that supposed to mean?" [Name] shook her head and smiled. "Nothing." 

Levi stared at her for awhile before slowly picking at the strings. The song started off slow and calm before the hardcore part came in then it went back to being mellow. 

"Crowded streets are cleared away, one by one. Hollow hero's separate as they run. You're so cold keep your hand in mine. Wise men wonder while strong men die."

[Name] wouldn't admit it, but Levi was hot while he sang and played the guitar. He had his eyes closed as he sang the lyrics to the song, and his fingers ran over the strings gracefully. And his voice -- it was low and deep, yet calming and smoothing. [Name] couldn't really place her finger on it, but she liked it. She liked it a lot.

"Show me how it ends, it's alright. Show me how defenseless you really are. Satisfied and empty inside, well that's alright, let's give this another try."

[Name] could've swore she saw him slightly smile as he sang the chorus, but it vanished as soon as it appeared. Mikasa and Sasha continued throwing flaming bottles into the crowd as Connie did his job. The herd of zombies was thinner now, but there were still some flooding into the room. [Name] sighed slightly wondering if they were really going to kill all of them this way.

"If you find your family, don't you cry. In this land of make believe, dead and dry. You're so cold but you feel alive. Lay your hand on me, one last time."

Levi had picked this song for a reason, but he wouldn't tell the others. Other than the fact he actually enjoyed this song -- along with many other songs by Breaking Benjamin -- it kind of fit the situation a bit. Only certain lyrics of course. Levi continued singing, Eren, Armin, and [Name] continued playing, and the other continued killing. The plan was actually working out well, but none of them knew when it will end. Levi finished his song and Eren got up from the drum set after wiping sweat off his forehead. Levi stared at him like he was roadkill. 

"What? Playing the drums is hard work," Eren grinned as he walked over to the mic. Levi scoffed and stood on the other side of Eren while [Name] stayed on his left. Connie grinned and ran over to the drums, obviously excited. Armin walked away from the keyboard and took Mikasa's spot as she took Connie's for something different. Sasha was still having fun throwing flaming bottles. 

*     *     *

The girl stopped singing, and seconds after a male voice boomed through the speakers. Jean grinned, knowing the song. "I wonder how many people are in there.." Marco trailed off as he filled the magazine with bullets then inserted it into the machine gun. Jean shrugged, "I don't know. I'm assuming a handful of them. But they had a good idea by doing this. I think they're trying to clear the mall out." 

Marco sighed, "Yeah. Let's just hope they don't die in the process. We'd be-"

"Fucked."

"..yeah." 

Jean laughed and held his gun with both of his hands as the song changed again.

"Shall we?"

*     *     *

"What song are you going to sing?" [Name] asked with a raised eyebrow. Eren smirked, "'Sarcasm' by Get Scared." Connie laughed from behind them. "Are you serious?" Connie chocked out. 

"What? The music video has zombies in it how can I not?!"

Levi glared at the brunette, "Just start singing already." Eren gulped and nodded facing the mic.

"You've got me shaking the way you're talking, my heart is breaking but there's no use crying. What a cyanide surprise you have left for my eyes, if I had common sense I'd cut myself or curl up and die."

Eren sang into the mic with a smile on his face, obviously enjoying it. His voice was smooth and [Name] was surprised he could sing that well. Multiple gunshots from outside the arena made everyone confused. They didn't stop what they were doing, but their attention was turned to the doors as zombie after zombie fell down.

"Sticks and stones could break my bones, but anything you will only fuel my lungs. Don't mind us we're just spilling our guts, if this is love I don't wanna be loved, you pollute the room with a filthy tongue, watch me choke it down so I can throw it up. Don't mind us we're just spilling our guts, if this is love I don't wanna be hanging by the neck before an audience of death."

[Name] laughed at the last few words because it was actually true. They had an audience of death. Zombies kept dying from the entrance, and it was obvious someone else was shooting them. The zombies didn't know who to do after anymore, some were walking towards the people shooting and some were still after [Name] and them. Whoever those people were, [Name] wanted to thank them.

Eren kept singing as Mikasa, Sasha, and Armin kept killing the group of death. The herd was getting thinner now, and it didn't seem like there were anymore of them coming since there were people on the other end. 

Another explosion.

More bullet shells fall to the floor.

Another bottle of flaming alcohol and cloth was thrown at the floor. 

By now, [Name], Levi, Eren, and Connie were helping with killing the dead now. Levi and Eren kept throwing the tanks in different spots then Mikasa would shoot them and [Name], and Connie could hold two bottles in their hands while Armin and Sasha lit the ends before they threw them into the crowd. The process kept going until they ran out.

"Shit! We ran out!" Eren shouted. What was left of the herd was now going for the people outside. It wasn't that many, but it was still a lot of two people to handle. 

"Jean, they're all coming for us!" Marco shouted. Jean scowls and kept shooting, but when he pulled the trigger nothing came out. Jean's eyes widened and he looked down at his gun and started hitting it, praying that something was stuck. But when he tried to shoot again, nothing came out. Suddenly the same thing happened the Marco. 

Now they both were out of ammo. 

There wasn't even that many zombies coming at them anymore, but they didn't have anything to defend themselves with anymore. Marco's face was covered with fear. 

"This is it, we're really going to die," Marco squeaked out. 

"What the hell! Did those guys die or something?!" Jean yelled angrily. Not long after the words left his mouth, all the zombies in front of them collapsed. Jean and Marco looked up to see a group of seven. They all stood there with their weapons with grim looks on their faces. Jean's eyes immediately went to the two girls in the front of the group. 

"Thank you for saving us. Seriously," Marco said. Jean blinked out of his trance as the [h/c] girl smiled at his best friend, "No problem. What's your names?"

"I'm Marco."

"Jean." 

"I'm [Name]," the girl smiled at them and Jean couldn't help but smile back.

--------------------------------------
Ugh, this chapter took forever to write >.<
I know it sucks, but you can either read it or leave xD
I just picked random songs that showed up on my Pandora for them to sings so.. yeah.
Comment what you think?
Thanks~

- sorry for any mistakes -