Maybe or Maybe

*Joon*

Namjoon stood waiting in the hall as Jin wrote a note for Irene. "I can see why anyone would want to stay here." Joon wondered aloud, marveling at his friend's room. The decor was simple yet refined, with a gold and brown color scheme to mellow out the expensive and grand room. There was a single window; it had a view of the garden. His friend didn't respond. "I'm going to head outside."
"Alright," Jin finished scribbling and turned to his companion. "I just have to pack some things and then I'll be down."
With that, the leader set out with the goal of having a talk with the lady of the house. Of course, there was a possibility that it could all be because Jin wasn't used to being away like this and he needed a familiar face. However, Namjoon wasn't going to take that chance.
He turned down the hall, listening for her voice when...he heard it. It was muffled and a little distant at first but soon clear enough for him to lean in the doorway.
"-what I asked you." Irene sounded skeptical.
"You've changed. You're not the same Irene I know from my childhood; you're closed off and lie, hold back the truth even if it's silly. He has to be...careful." Who was this? Ji-Cheol doesn't have a son. Maybe a friend? Jin didn't say anything. Who was this man and why was Irene with him?
"I...see. I've...thought about it before. You and me. But I don't know if I see us as the thing you want."
"Then what is it?"
"A...something. I don't quite know, Sehun."
Namjoon felt his heart clench. He knew he shouldn't jump to conclusions but if this was the same Sehun that he found snooping around a couple days ago, then it was possible Irene had been toying with Jin the entire time.
But it was also possible that she wasn't involved with this man's schemes and was simply as he said: closed off and held back what she figured was important.
"I'll get going soon but," Namjoon tensed, ready to walk away. "Could I ask for one favor?"
It fell quiet for a moment.
"Could I...kiss you?"
He held his breath and pressed his ear to the door. She wouldn't, would she? The leader bit his lip and contemplated what he should do before slowly turning the doorknob and gently pushing on the door. Almost successful, having seen part of the latter sitting on the bed, the wood beneath Joon gave under pressure and creaked. The door closed immediately without a sound, leaving Namjoon anxious as he exited the floor.
"Namjoon," He was halfway down the stairs when Jin found him, coming back up. "I thought you'd still be inside."
"You did?"
"Well, you weren't outside so..." The dark-haired friend tapped his fingers on the railing, expecting an explanation. When Namjoon gave none, he turned back down. "Let's go."
________________________________
This was shtty but we got our eavesdropper. I probably won't write with him or a minor character again since they're not essential to the plot but this time, he was. So in case I do, just heads up.
ALSO I started a new vampire Jinrene story if you're interested and I'm working on a modern Jinrene Christmas too. Idk if it'll be one-shot or two/three yet but we'll find out in December