"Y-you don't have to, by any means. I know it's—"

   "I'd love to," I cut in. "I haven't seen your family in ages." That's what it sure felt like. I'd save telling Ian that I'm officially single for a later date. Right now, we could just focus on rebuilding our friendship.

"Awesome, I can text you the flight details and everything tonight." I smiled and nodded. "So, what inspired your surprise visit?" He picked up an Xbox controller from the ground and glanced at me briefly.

   "Oh, nothing, just wanted to hangout."

   "In that case," Ian smirked as he knelt down to pick up another remote. "Game on, Papps." I mirrored his smirk and grabbed the remote from him.

~•~

   "Sit," I insisted to Kaila, pointing to my suitcase on the bed. Spending the entire week in Massachusetts meant a weeks worth of overpacking. I'm borderline convinced my suitcase could not be zipped. Having Kaila sit on it to put it down while I tried to zip it was my final solution.

   She plopped down on it with her phone in her hands as she texted rapidly. She's started seeing this new guy, but refuses to tell me anything about him. Normally, I'd be more offended, but I understand with her relationship history and commitment struggles, she'd rather just keep it personal for now.

   "Are you excited, Jos?" Kaila asked after she finally dropped her phone next to her on my bed. I grabbed the suitcase zipper with both hands and tugged with all of my strength until it zipped all the way around.

   Man, I really need to hit the gym.

   Just before I could answer, the door may as well have been knocked down as Cara and Jocelyn came tumbling in.

"Thank God you haven't left yet!" Jocey heaved out as she and Cara bent over panting. I don't know where they sprinted from, but maybe I could hit the gym with them.

"I am excited," I answered Kaila's earlier question. "But I think Cara and Jocey are more excited than me."

I had to call Mr. Westchester and ask him for the week off and, it being such short notice, he was a little annoyed with the inconvenience. If it weren't for Cara and Jocelyn, I probably wouldn't have been able to come. They volunteered their services to pick up all of my hours for the week they could, then Mason and Kaila took the rest.

Despite how well they knew Joel and how much they loved him as a person, I think it's a fair bet that they are both Team Ian. Many people are though, when they know the backstory.

"Probably," Cara confirmed with a grin. She looked at my overweight suitcase that Kaila was still perched on top of and burst out laughing. "Damn, Jos. We knew you'd overpack, but you overpacked-overpacked."

I laughed as I hit her with my pillow. "Shut up, I know. I'm already going to hear it enough from Ian." Speaking of, he's going to be here any minute to pick me up and go to the airport.

   I threw a collection of items into a carry-on bag and called it a day.

   Ian knocked softly on the ajar door, kudos to Cara and Jocey for that, before pushing it up slowly, to make sure everyone was decent.

  "Good morning, ladies," he greeted with a grin.

   "Morning, Ian," we all replied back in creepy, unplanned sync. He gave us all a weird look for being in sync and chuckled softly.

"Papps, please tell me that is not your suitcase you're bringing..." Ian trailer off as he stared at my suitcase Kaila was sitting on top of. She was back to typing vigorously on her phone.