I turn my head to look at Ali. Her eyes are darting at all of the penguins, and a little smile on her face while she looks at the penguins which causes me to smile too.Without thinking I take her hand and intertwine our fingers. She looks startled then looks down at our hands then back at me. I give her a small smile which she returns.

"I like how they walk." she says looking back at the tank.

"Me too." I agree.

"Our old boss kind of walks like that, huh?" she laughs.

"I guess so." I laugh as well remembering how he walks.

We stand there for another couple of minutes in silence looking at the penguins, but I keep looking back at Ali from the corner of my eye. The only thing I can really focus on is how we're holding hands. My skin feels warm and my stomach are doing thousands of flips.

"I knew we would find you here!" Calum says entering through the doors.

"Are you guys holding hands?" Ashton asks from behind us.

"No." Ali quickly says letting go of my hand. I feel a bit sad that she let go because now the flips are done and the warmness is gone.

"Yes you were. I saw you." Ashton says.

"Well now we are not." Ali points out.

We all go out of the penguin exhibit and start to look at a bunch of other animals. Ali seemed like she was having the time of her life. She happily stared at every animal we saw. Every time she had a bright smile on her face. She seemed so happy. One day I want to be the reason for that smile.

"The seals are so adorable." Ali laughs as they splash in the water.

"Do you guys want to do that?" Ashton asks pointing up in the air. We all look up to see a cable ride.

"Yes! Let's do it!" Skylar agrees dragging Ali towards the line for it.Once we are in the line we work out who sits with who. Calum with Jess, Ashton with Skylar, and Michael with Andy.

"So, you two will pair up." Calum says pointing between me and Ali.

"Did you plan this?" I whisper to Calum when Ali starts talking to Andy.

"Of course we did." he whispers back. I sigh, but I'm kind of happy they made us go together. Once it was our turn to get on we both sit on the seat and pull down the bar that is supposed to protect us. When we start to move I feel Ali grip onto my arm.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"Oh I'm fine. I'm just scared of heights is all." she admits looking down then quickly looks away.

"It's ok." I say trying to hide my laugh.

"Stop laughing." she says then hits my arm which causes our seat to move which also causes Ali to cling on to me tighter.

"Sorry, I just didn't know you were scared of heights." I say trying to hide my smile.

"Yeah, yeah just shut up." she says scooting closer to me. As our legs brush against each other I feel my leg fire up, so does my arm that she is currently holding onto.

"Why'd you get on then?" I ask now containing my laughter."Skylar looked really happy about it, so I didn't want to ruin It." she says.

"So, are we friends now?" she asks after a couple of minutes. I feel myself wince when she says friends.

"Um, yeah." I say. I don't know why it hurts, I thought I wanted to be friends with her.

The rest of the ride we stay silent. A comfortable silence. I can tell that she was still scared, but she calmed down after a while.

"That wasn't too bad was it?" I ask as I help her out of the seat since she's too short to jump off.

"Shut up." she says taking my hand then getting off of the seat.

"You know, you are really short." I remind her.

"I know. Don't talk about it." she huffs. I smile at her as she tucks the hair that got onto her face behind her ear. After a couple more hours at the zoo we decide to leave. The walk to the car seemed like a long time since we're all tired and drained.

"Um, Luke? Can you switch places with me?" Jess asks. Me, Ashton, Ali, Skylar and Jess were in one car and Michael, Calum, and Andy were in the other. I had sat in the front when we were going to the zoo.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I need to stretch my legs." she says.

"There's enough space to stretch your legs in the back." I protest.

"Oh my god, you are an idiot." she mumbles.

"What?" I ask.

"Just go in the back." she spats.

"Ok, ok fine." I say putting my hands up in defense.I go into the back of the car and realize that Ali was sitting in the middle since she was the shortest.

"Hey." she smiles at me.

"Hey." I say smiling back putting on my seatbelt.The ride back is long and boring and everyone is too tired to speak.

 I been looking out the window the whole time. After a while I feel something fall on me. I turn my head to see that Ali's head is resting on my shoulder.I smile at the sight of her sleeping so softly. I can feel her breath against my skin and hear her quite snores. When she sleeps she seems different. Like a softer person.

My eyes begin to feel heavy and I let out a yawn. I try to keep my eyes open for as long as I could, but eventually my eyes closed and rested my head on Ali's.

Author's Note-

Aww. I'm kind of mad at how cliché this chapter was.

-Olivia (: