Im fuckin sobbin yo

My ex, he wrote this and sent it to me. I am literally sobbing.

Words: 4865

I'm. . .

"I hate you!"

"Never talk to me again!"

That was eleven months ago. God, it's almost been a year, a year ago, when Zoe and I separated over a text. One, stupid, silly, little text. And it's my fault, all of it.

Today is my freshmen year, finally about to start high school. I'm driving there with my friend Alison. Her dad drops us off, and he pulls away from the curb, and onto the road. Ali walks into the school, the whole time glued to her phone, she has a lot of friends here, and is going to meet up with them soon. Hopefully, I see a few of my friends soon, they haven't texted me at all this summer, we never hung out, we never talked, not even once. Ali waves goodbye to me, knowing where her friends are at this point. To be clear, Ali isn't being rude, we have hung out the entire summer, and Ali hasn't seen her other friends in a while, so she wants to hang with them for once. I wave goodbye, and walk over to the office. A thing that our school has, is that a randomly selected sophomore shows us around the school, I think that's nice. I walk to the office, and give my first and last name, and they print me my schedule. The office lady calls up another teacher to bring down a sophomore for me. One is called down, and they start their way to the office. They enter the office in short order, but the wall is blocked my view of her. I suspect a her, because of her feminine voice, and her name, Zoe. My heartbeat increases, so much so that I can feel it beating against my chest. I breathe out softly. Zoe is a common name, and they're are a lot of people in this school, there is no way that it's Zoe, my Zoe- THIS ZOE. I feel a liquid run from my nose. As I rub it off, Zoe walks out to greet me. Oh no... I look to my hand and see the blood that's leaking out of my nose. It's Zoe. The Zoe, the Zoe who hates me, the Zoe who despises me, the Zoe that would kill me if she got the chance. I see black, and feel cold.

"Ms. Jenkins!" She yells, as I fall to the ground, fainting.

I wake up, pulling my head up off the table, and look around me. Robert's Deli, where Zoe and I went instead of that dumb Valentine's Day dance they had at the school.

"You okay!?" Zoe exclaims, grabbing my hand.

I pull away quickly, and hold my head. Did I fall asleep? Was that a dream?

"Yeah... Yeah I'm fine..."

"Are you sure, because you're crying. Is it something I said?" She looks hurt.

I dab my finger against my cheek, and sure enough, I'm crying. Strange.

"No! No, no it's not something you said, no, you're fine..." She grabs my hand again, as I speak. "It's something I did..." I look away from her, I can't even look at her at this point.

"Chase??" She lets go of my hand and slouches in her seat, knowing that something bad is about to happen.

"Zoe, I'm. . ." The room fades away, like sand being blown in the wind.

I'm left alone, in a pitch black, cold, lonely room.

"CHASE!" Ali shouts.

I wake up, again, breathing heavily in my sleep. Sweat runs down my forehead. Tears flood from my eyes.

"Jesus, are you okay!" She yells, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Just fainted, I guess." I breathe out.

My heart throbs again.

"Hey, where's Zoe??" I ask.

"Zoe??" Ali frowns.