Epilogue

Joey's POV.

Hours later the doctor came in the waiting room, some blood on his scuffs. A mask around his neck, he must have gotten out of surgery.

Doctor: Mr. Graceffa?

I stood up and walked over to him.

Joey: Yes?

Doctor: Come with me please.

I walked with him down to a room and before he opened the door, he looked at me.

Doctor: Shane is also in here. We thought you would want to say goodbye.

I nodded my head and we walked in. I saw to beds right next to each other and two small cribs, where the babies were. I walked over to the first bed and removed the cover over its head.

Joey: Oh Shaney.

I kissed his cold forehead and ran my fingers through his long soft hair. The hair I used to run my fingers through in the morning. And the hair I pulled on when he was blowing me. I laughed at the thought of that and kissed his lips. It was cold and full of love. But he wasn't feeling it, I was. I cried to myself and let the tears fall to the ground.

Joey: I love you Shane.

I touched his cheek, it was as cold as ice. I felt the small stubble, that I used to feel when he cuddled next to me at night. But it was all gone now. And I would never feel the feeling of love ever again.

Joey: Goodbye.

I put the cover back over his head and walked over to the other bed where Lisa was. I noticed a cover over her head and I looked back over to the doctor.

Joey: No. She's not under-

He looked down and I removed the cover. There she laid, her face so pale. I grabbed her hand and held it. The doctor walked over to the other side of the bed. Oh my god. How could this have happened.

Joey: How?

Doctor: Blood loss to giving birth to the twins.

Tears start to form in my eyes but I wipe them away. How could this happen to me. Why?

Doctor: We have tried everything the we could and we could-

Joey: What about the twins!

I interrupted him. I didn't care about anything but those children. It was already enough that I lost two people who that I cared for.

Doctor: There over there.

I let go of Lisa and walked over to the twins. Both were sleeping soundly in their little cribs. I watched the little boy sleep and he yawned. He slowly opened his little eyes and looked at me. They were blue and he smiled a bit.

Joey: When were they born?

Doctor: They were born at 1am. So they were born today.

I looked back at the boy and he looked exactly like Shane. Small red and brownish hairs starting to grow. I turned around to the girl and she began to open here eyes too. They were a somewhat of a blue and she yawned. I picked her up, rocking her back and forth.

Joey: So who will take care of them?

Doctor: They should go to a family member, but if not. They'll be put for adoption.

I picked up Shane and held both of them. Both of them smiling at me, as I smiled back. I looked back at Shane and removed the cover from him. I looked at him then back at the babies. For some reason I had this feeling that I needed to do something. It was like he was telling me to do something. I turned around and looked at the doctor.

Joey: I'll adopt them.

Doctor: Are you a family member?

Joey: I'm the father's husband.

Doctor: Well to be a family member you have to be blood relate-

Joey: I don't care. I need to adopt them! I need to take care of them! Shane would want me too! And so would Lisa!

I stared at him. I wouldn't let him take away them. He sighed. And started to walk away out the door.

Doctor: I'll get the paperwork for you to fill out.

He walked out and I started rocking them back and forth. I was thinking about what I should name them. I looked at Shane and Lisa then back to them. I had the perfect names.

Joey: Shane and Lisa. Meet, Shane and Lisa.

-

-

-