Hopeless - Bonus 1

Start from the beginning

The morning after, Parker was gone. She knew because of how cold it was on the other side of the bed. She almost didn't even want to open her eyes, knowing that her tears were pooling behind it. She grabbed her phone first, going through her contact list, before pressing the number.

"Hey, Anne," Lana, a friend she made when she studied in the library. "How are you?"

"I'm doing fine," Anne answered hoarsely. "You said you know something?"

Anne could hear her take a deep breath. "Look, about that, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to delve myself into your relationship. And if you don't want to know, then I won't show you anything. I promise," she apologized, sensing a nervous tone. "I'm just saying, Anne, maybe he's not being honest with you."

" I think so, too," Anne could hear her voice break. "I called you to ask you if you know anything else."

Lana sighed. "Are you sure about this? I don't want to ruin anything."

"You said he went to your hotel once?" She dismissed her warning.

"Anne," she warned again.

"I don't want to keep hoping, Lana," a tear finally escaping. "Tell me, please."

"Okay," Lana agreed. "I need to show you something. Swing by the coffee shop?"

---

Anne settled herself on the seat as she waited for Lana. A coffee cup sat on the table, untouched, when Lana came and sat herself in front of her. She had a somber look on her face before she took out her phone.

"I just want to say, I didn't show anybody this picture. And I respect you, so much, so please don't get mad at me for being too suspicious about it."

Right when she unlocked it, there on the screen, was Parker, kissing a woman about Anne's age, right by the outside of the hotel. It was a video that lasted three seconds. They both went to their respective cars as if nothing happened.

The video ended, Anne's eyes directly on the screen. Lana was too scared to move, watching Anne as she blinked away the tears. Before she could say anything, Anne looked up, a small smile on her face.

"Can you send this video to me?" A tear falling out. Lana nodded her head before standing up, wrapping her arms around her friend.

"I'm so sorry, Anne, I'm so sorry," she could almost hear her heart breaking.

---

Anne started to pack her bags when she came home after her classes. She didn't know what she should do when Parker comes home. Her mind was so confused, so full of rage, yet she felt so broken from her discovery.

Parker came in a second later, being too distracted from her thoughts to notice. When Parker looked towards the bedroom, his eyebrows scrunched together, walking in and grabbing Anne's hands.

"Where you going?"

"To a friend's house."

"For how long?"

"I don't know," she answered hoarsely.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Parker's brows scrunched even further. "Anne, wait. Anne, what's going on?"

She stepped back to look at him, and she swear she could hear her heart breaking. She silently took out her phone and played the video. She watched as his face turned from confusion to panic. She looked at him silently, waiting for him to speak, but his mouth couldn't move as he started at her in horror.

Anne's tears started to roll down before she continued to pack her clothes.

"Anne, please, let me explain," Parker grabbed her arm, but Anne removed herself and continued packing. "Wait, you don't understand."