about using your oc's

its fine to put your original characters in a fanfic- it can be fun and give you a lot more material to write about.

BUT

people do not care about this girls "sparkling blue eyes" etc. (also literally everyones ocs are white can people maybe expand a bit?) but yeah dont talk too much about your own character. people want to read about the actual characters.

(there are exceptions to this rule- e.g. im writing a night vale fic about my own characters that just takes place in that universe. but for the most part u cant focus too much on ur own ocs)

dont try too much to make your character unique. like, if you spend too much time talking about how they are different than other people etc, you just give off the vibe of a pretentious douche. plus, your character wont be relatable. you need a combination of normal and unique for readers to be interested.

when describing a character's physical characteristics, you need to focus on things that actually mean something- posture, etc

(im sayin etc. wayyy too much oops)

its all fine and dandy to say the character has curly hair. but i dont want to read the paragraphs about how their "sandy locks tangled and blew in the wind" and their "deep brown eyes that shone like the blah blah blah"

like no one cares. talk about their eyebags from a lack of sleep, their hunched posture- or, the confident way they carry themself

dont feel obligated to have some kind of introductory paragraph about your character! you can slowly add details of them as you go.