Chapter 4

Jess's POV

I woke up this morning not being able to get up. I looked around and noticed I was still at Hayes's house I must've fell asleep during our movie marathon. I carefully unwrapped his arms from around me trying not to wake him up and slowly backed away. I got out without waking him up until my phone started to ring. "Shoot" I mumbled I grabbed my phone and answered the call

"Hello?" I said wondering who it was since I didn't check the caller ID.

"Honey? Where are you?" My mom asked u key out a sigh of relief.

"Sorry mom I'll be home in a bit I fell asleep at Hayes's house." I explained

"It's okay next time tell me if you are staying over. Just hurry home I'm making eggs and bacon." She said as she hung up. I walked over to Hayes and gave him a kiss on the cheek knowing he was still sleeping. I walked out the door and headed home. I get inside my house and immediately run to the kitchen grab my plate and run up to my room. I sat in my bed and turned on the tv in my room. I started eating when I heard a loud tap on my window. I ignored it cause the only way somebody could get up to my room is by climbing the tree in my backyard. I kept hear a tap and opened my window and got hit in the face with a pebble.

"I'm so so sorry Jess." I heard a voice say and I looked down to see Hayes climbing up the tree. Hayes reached my widow and came inside.

"So why didn't you come to my front door like a normal person?" I asked

"I'm not normal if you haven't noticed." Hayes said patting my back.

"Oh believe me I noticed." I said laughing. Hayes and I cuddled watching movies in my room til I had to go over to his house and babysit Sky. We walked over and opened the door.

"Mom! Jess is here!" Hayes yelled up the stairs to his mom still getting ready.

"Okay I'll be down in five!" she called back.

We went upstairs and into Sky's bedroom.

"Hey Sky wanna go to the park?" Hayes asked picking up Sky and holding her.

"Ya!" she yelled excitedly

We grabbed her shoes and headed to the park. On our walk to the park we had several girls come up and ask for a picture with Hayes. We got to the park and let Sky run around. "So Jess I umm... uh was wondering if you w-would wanna uh... be my girlfriend." Hayes asked nervously his cheeks were now a pink color. I was honestly had no idea what to say. I really like Hayes.

"I knew you wouldn't feel the same." He walked away with disappointment.

"Hayes wait!" I ran to catch up with him

"What." he turned around sadness in his eyes. I leaned up and kissed him

"How's that for an answer." I smirked

"I take that as a yes." he smiled.