'Then why is he making me bind my soul to his for eternity?'

"What about hell? I don't want to go there when I die and I don't want my sister to either", Sabrina asks him slightly scared giving me a side hug.

"First of all, if you accept the Dark Lord's gifts, you won't die, not for a very long time, second of all, hell is for mortals, in exchange for their service and devotions, witches are exempt from the eternal flames of damnation, really, what's needed here is a fundamental shift in thinking"

"Okay well, what about my boyfriend?", Sabrina snaps getting upset, that we seem to be in a losing battle. I grab her hand and rub it softly knowing how much Harvey means to her.

"Your boyfriend I assume, is mortal?", Blackwood asks us as we both nod sadly. Blackwood begins to talk to us like we are babies as he explains why we have to break up with our boyfriends, "There is an inherent incompatibility, should you become a full witch, your human partner would age much faster than you"

"Our father married a mortal", I speak up challenging him, tired of constantly being told that dating a mortal was impossible. 

"True, but he was the high priest of the Church of Night and was granted a special dispensation", Blackwood says lowly. 

"By whom?" Sabrina asks trying to find a loophole.

Father Blackwood begins to get annoyed as he answers Sabrina irritatedly, "The Dark Lord! Satan, himself, blessed the union between your warlock father and mortal mother, but even then...even then it was not without controversy"

"Some girls at the Academy of Unseen Arts have suggested that our parent's deaths weren't accidental, that maybe they'd been...murdered," Sabrina says bringing up the weird sisters. I know what she was doing and I begin to worry that Sabrina was saying too much. We didn't want Father Blackwood to go hunting down the Weird Sisters and telling them about this.

"An inquiry was held, no malfeasance was detected, it was a terrible accident that befell your mother and father, but it was just that..an accident", Father Blackwood dismisses. 

"Lastly, earlier today I took a bite of a Malum Malus and this channeled Gracelina", Sabrina tells him. I shiver at the thought of the hellacious vision we saw. 

Aunt Zelda shoots us daggers, "You did what?"

Sabrina continues ignoring Auntie Zee, "and the future it showed us was...horrible"

"The biting of a Malum Malus for prognostication of the future hasn't been recommended for decades, specifically because of its wild inaccuracy," Blackwood says in surprise, probably shocked she would go to such great lengths, "But if I may...Your father was one of the Church of Night's greatest thinkers, he wanted you to follow in his footsteps, it's right that you have so many questions, my advice? Take your baptism. Come to the Academy of Unseen Arts, learn our history, find answers to your questions. Challenge them, make better answers, make us stronger, will you try, at least? And should it not be to your liking..."

"You'll let us leave the church?", I ask him trying to hide my excitement at the opportunity.

"Free choice child, that is the bedrock on which our church is built" he smiles, I nod at him knowing he is lying but choosing to believe him to make my family happy, "but I do hope I'll see you in the woods on Samhain, the moon is certain to be glorious."

"They'll be there, your Excellency, with bells on, won't you, girls?", Aunt Zelda says giving us a 'You better say yes' look. 

"Looking forward to it", Sabrina says with a fake smile while I just nod at him with a small smile.