A gigantic intergalactic cruiser settled in the middle of the sea of green. The spaceship had a surface like molten metal and great metallic spider legs sprout from its sides. From where they were, in altitude, it seemed like it could be half the size of Helicarrier which was enormous in itself.

"This is the location of the coordinates you gave me," the pilot told them.

"You don't say..." Tony let out, unable to take his eyes off the spaceship.

"I don't think we should land," Angie quickly said "We don't want to risk being detected if that's not already done."

"There aren't any parachutes miss Dean."

Angie smirked at the pilot "Who said anything about parachutes, Jenkins?"

Tony's brows raised "It's too high up for you to jump, Angie."

She sent him a slightly blasé look "I've jumped from higher. When are you going to stop underestimating me?"

She made the pilot open the ramp, as he flew the jet closer to the spaceship. Tony had already activated the arc reactor on his chest so the Bleeding edge armour would slip out and morph around his body. It was his first test drive in an armour powered by Nanotech, but there was no time to be fussy. It had to be enough.

He exchanged glances with Angie right before popping the helmet over his face. He could tell the adrenaline was already pumping through her veins.

"Ready?" she asked stepping closer to the edge of the ramp. The wind was howling outside, making her hair fly in all directions.

"Let's give hell to the Hellhound," he threw before shutting the iron helmet over his face.

She chuckled "This is the tackiest pun I've ever heard."

Without wasting any more time, she jumped from the ramp. His gaze followed her dropping figure before igniting his boosters and flying off to the ground.

"So... are we sure this is it?"

With a shot of laser beam, Tony had tunneled a man-sized opening into the wall of the spaceship, allowing them to infiltrate inside. They found themselves roaming dark passages and empty rooms that all looked eerily similar.

Tony glanced at her, cocking an eyebrow "You see any other spaceships around?"

"I'm just saying, it looks deserted."

A deathly silence weighed in the air, broken only by the sound of their footsteps. They had explored a good distance until suddenly...

"Do you hear that?" Tony's helmet popped open.

Clunk... Clunk...

"I don't hear anything," Angie shook her head.

They continued walking through a narrow passage. It was as dark as any other.

Clunk... Clunk... Clunk...

A metallic sound kept resonating through the walls. It had been very faint at first, almost like a vibration but it was getting louder and more pronounced with each passing second.

"Okay I... I hear it now," Angie muttered.

Clunk... Clunk... Clunk...

Angie exchanged glances with Tony and she could pinpoint the exact moment when realisation crossed both of their eyes: the metallic sound was getting louder because whoever made that sound was getting closer.