9• TRIAL OF THE SPELLMAN TWINS

Start from the beginning

Susie turns around looking at us, smiling and my thoughts melt away.

"You guys, we were just talking...about how we've been waiting a long time for a group like this, and not just at Baxter High but in Greendale," she says in amazement.

"Agreed...welcome one and all, to WICCA" Roz smiles and starts passing around a sign-in sheet and Susie looks at me.

She smiles happily and i feel my cheeks burn, smiling back.

A knock on the door pushes me to reality and i turn, my smile faltering at Ms Wardwell strolling in.

"Sorry i'm late, girls" she makes her way to us.

"Ms Wardwell, no, you're...right on time," Sabrina says confused, she says something to Ms Wardwell quietly and Susie walks over to me.

"Hey, Ivy" she shoves her hands on her pockets shyly, "So...about Friday I-" She's cut off and the PA echoes through the room.

"Sabrina and Ivory Spellman, please report to Principal Hawthorne's office," a woman says and i sigh.

"He's baaaack" Roz drags out nervously, Ms Wardwell locks eyes with me, the same hint of fear as she has in the woods.

I look at Susie sadly, "We'll talk, i promise, and trust me i have a lot i want to talk about" i give her a small smile and she does the same as Sabrina and I leave.

We slowly walk into Hawthorne's office and he shifts his eyes from his desk to us, shaking his head.

"You wanted to see us, sir?" Sabrina asks and we sit down across from him.

"I did, indeed," he says quietly and i look at Sabrina anxiously.

"This outrageous club of yours," he says in disgust, the old grandfather clock by the door freezes and Sabrina and I turn to it in confusion.

We turn back to Hawthorne and his eyes are pouring blood while foam drips from his mouth.

"Principal Hawthorne?" i ask anxiously, he twitches and throws himself back in his chair, making us flinch.

"Dark Lord" Sabrina whispers in fear, "i admire your defiance, girls, but you will sign my book, you will beg to sign it" he says inhuman and raspy.

"I don't think so" i spit angrily, leaning in front of Sabrina.

"You think this is a contest? you think that you can defeat me? you cannot, and do you know why? because your flesh is mortal, and in the end, all mortal flesh must burn" he spits and tears spill from Sabrina's eyes in terror.

We don't hesitate as we jump away from our seats, quickly exiting his office.

Sabrina starts running towards the girls' room, covering her mouth and i run after her worriedly.

Sabrina leans over the toilet, puking and i lean down, rubbing her back.

"Are you alright?" i ask quietly and she groans, washing her hands.

The sight of Ms Wardwell in the mirror behind us makes Sabrina gasps and i step away quickly.

"Ms Wardwell!" Sabrina holds her hand over her heart.