' aftertaste '

🐍

HE SAT up straight, or atleast tried to, as soon as he heard commotion rumbling just outside of his containment. The doors opened wide and in came a drugged up girl now clad in the horrid grey robes that they make patients wear in sanitariums, as well as the dark attire underneath.

Her feet scraped against the bland floors as they dragged her in, and flashed her face to him with the motion of her head rolling to the side as she was dropped onto the bed roughly.

Robin Murdock's eyes widened, it didn't take much for him to be riled up and angry once more as he yelled for them to set him free so he could hold his daughter, wake her up and tell her they were going to be fine, they were going to be alright. His pleas were ignored as they restrained her the same way they had him, if not tighter than himself.

He noted the bruises coating the partial of her neck, her arms from where it shown under the sleeves, her face, her split lip and the tender cuts scattered all around. She must've put up a fight when they took her, but all he was wondering was how she could have possibly ended up here with him.

The door opened once more, and came in the ever dreadful Claire Atkins, who grimaced once she caught his expression. "You better set me free so I could get to my daughter right now, Claire."

His voice shook with 5, 7 only calmness he could muster, his glare boring into her skull.

"I cleaned her up the best I could," Claire said quietly. "She looks every bit like you, and almost none like Eliana."

Robin scoffed, "I'm surprised you remember what she looked like, do you remember what people look like before you betray them?"

Claire huffed, almost disappointedly. But the Robin she knew, if he was even still there, would always hit where it hurt the most. Even if it hurt him, too. "Novak's gone, and will come back tomorrow by lunch. If he catches you out of your containment, he'll transfer you, or her, to another room."

"So?"

"So," Claire reached down to loosen up one of his restraints. "I'm coming back tomorrow at 8 to put you back in your restraints. Feel free to free her, I'll take the security off for tonight and have one of yours to watch you instead."

"One of mine?" Robin furrowed his eyebrows.

"One of your agency, I mean. Keep quiet though, for your sakes and mine," Claire hissed. "Do we have an agreement?"

"So long as you hold your end this time, we won't have a problem, Atkins." Robin said flatly. Claire looked at him for one more moment, before retrieving the tray of food from the foot of Carmen's bed and set it down on the bedside table. Then she left silently, turning the lock on the big steel doors.

Robin listened further to the fading clicks of her heels to ensure that she was gone, and jerked his wrist out of his restraints, rushing to disengage the next points and was wobbly as he got to his feet from the lack of use.

He hurries to his daughter, carressing the side of her face tenderly as if she was made of delicate products. And then his hands were freeing her as if it was even a sin that she was restrained in the first place. He glares at the red marks left on her wrists by the tightness of the leather cuffs. They didn't even bother to put the thin blanket over her that was folded neatly at the end of the metal slab supposed to act as their beds.