bullets | ✔️

🐍
BULLETS

"SO ARE YOU A suspect now?" Carmen asked lazily, her eyes blinking slowly.

"My dad says we all are," Kevin elaborated. "Including me."

"Not me, girl," Veronica defends herself, her eyes landing on a tired looking Carmen, barely able to keep herself awake. Her head kept falling against Betty's shoulder that the blonde was contemplating between ignoring it or making Carmen sleep. "I don't know these people."

"Guys, should we maybe re-binge Making a Murderer on Netflix tonight?" Kevin proposed, leaning forward and there was a chorus of negative excuses.

"Sorry, can't,"

"Gotta stay late to work on the paper,"

"Count me out, too,"

"Hm? Dad and I got plans tonight, sorry,"

"I've got a date tonight," Veronica grins almost smugly.

Carmen's brows raise, propping her head up slightly with her hand as she looked on, intrigued. "You do?"

"Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?" Kevin smirked.

"I think no one here's even hot enough to meet my criteria," Carmen remarked with a roll of her eyes. "At least not the male specimen."

"Hey, Vee-Lo," A dark-skinned boy — whom Carmen presumed as Chuck — came by and gave Carmen a hint of smirk. She scowls in reply, causing him to focus back on Veronica. "I'll swing by the Pembrooke to pick you up at 8:00."

"I'll be waiting," Veronica smiled sweetly.

"Cool," Clayton all but nodded with a grin and walked off.

Carmen scoffs. "Vee-Lo? Vee-Lo? That's all he got? What the fuck?"

"Chuck Clayton?" Archie furrowed his eyebrows.

"You're going on a date with Chuck?" Betty regards worriedly for one of her newfound friends. "He's kind of a player."

"His damn name sounds like one that would come from a hormonal boy trying to be a cool kid," Carmen quipped, peeved — for what reason, she didn't know. "Or a freaking man."

Jughead and Betty shared a look, pursing their lips to avoid an amused smile. If they didn't know any better, they'd say that Carmen was jealous. Kevin rolled his eyes, "Who cares? He's the hottest of hot and he's the varsity football coach's son. In Riverdale, that's like dating a Kennedy,"

"If print journalism is dead, what am I doing here?" Jughead questioned, bored and to change the subject or else Carmen would have continued antagonizing Chuck, much to Veronica's slight amusement and disdain.

"The Blue and Gold isn't dead, Juggy," Betty reprimanded, going with his flow. "It's dormant,"

"But waking up," Carmen added, earning a smile from Betty.