' battlefield '

🐍

     ELIANA MENTIONED something to him about taking little Carmen out for a walk in the park to calm her down from one of her many tantrums. He figured, his own daughter probably gets it from him and he chuckled at the thought of having a mini Robin running around and causing trouble for everyone.

He shakes his head, a laugh reverberating from his chest as he laughed at the thought. Little Carmen, who was so sweet and fiery, little Carmen, a piece of him and Eliana merged together as a beautiful flower. Little Carmen, his dowsabel. He shook his head as he smiled down gently at the picture he retrieved from his pocket. He looked back to the little child, Chandler, beside him. Whereas Carmen had stronger immunity, Chandler lacked that, but still happy, all the same.

His little dowsabel had wanted Chandler to come along to the ice cream parlor, she never liked leaving his side. She didn't even like leaving her father alone, even at home, she'd drag Chandler from their room and climb into Eliana and Robin's bed.

Apollo chuckled as he entered his office. It was like everytime he saw the Murdock man, he was either carrying one of the twins, or staring at their family picture that he always kept in a large frame, displayed behind him.

"I've never seen a father so proud besides you," He laughed softly, nudging the man in the foot.

"What kind of man would I be if I didn't spoil my family, Polly? This was what I've wanted in a long time and now that I had it, there's no way I wouldn't do this," Robin stated, gently putting back the picture in his wallet. "I've never felt safer than anything."

"And what about Kandahar? How are you so sure that it won't blow back in our faces, bite us back in the asses?" Apollo had a grim look.

"He's dead, Polly," Robin deadpanned. "You've seen it, you've seen the life leave his eyes when I gutted him like a pig. I don't need Eliana to be reminded of that again when she's already so happy with the twins."

"Look at Novak, Robin," In all his times when he served with Apollo, it was rare that he ever called the Murdock patriarch by his name unless it was really serious. "Look at him rise from the dead even when we saw MacNair kill him. And if that happens again, what would you do? That bastard wouldn't stop at anything, especially if he crosses paths with Hiram Lodge."

"Where does Lodge stand in all of this? He's just a means to an end, just like his wife. As soon as the contract ends, they're out. Trust me, Polly, if there's anyone I'm sure of that wouldn't dig themselves out of their own graves, it's Eliana's father."

"And the Blossoms?"

"Are harmless," Robin told him firmly, carefully lifting little Chandler from his crib and cradled the baby boy to his chest. "They wouldn't challenge someone higher up in the food chain even if their lives depended on it."

"So you say," Apollo nodded skeptically, his frown miraculously upturned as soon as Eliana entered the room with a brunette child, who held tight on an ice cream cone. "Eliana, looking good. Hope they don't keep you up?"

"Oh, you don't even want to know," The beautiful blonde rolled her eyes, chuckling as they watched Carmen run towards her father. Little Chandler giggled, seeing his twin sister.

She bounded to him first, nearly sticking the ice cream cone in his face. "Chwandwer! Mama shays I get to give yew ice cweam!"

And as the boy twin happily started devouring the treat, Robin pouted, crouching in front of his daughter so they were on the same level. "Nothing for Dada?"

Carmen giggled, shyly hiding her face in her hair as she shook her head, a squeal falling from her lips as her father's large fingers preyed on her sides. She laughed wildly, her arms flailing as he lifts her in the air, swinging her as she squealed again. She made grabby hands at him as he lowered her back to himself, nuzzling his nose in neck that sent her in a fit of laughter. "Mama shays I give wuv to Dada,"

"Is that so?" Robin raised his eyebrows as he gave her an eskimo kiss. She nodded and giggled adorably, making his heart lurch in happiness. "Well Dada loves you too."

Her eyes sparkled and she clapped, grabbing his cheeks with her small hands and attempted to squeeze it together as she smiled toothily. "Dada!"

A whine pulled the father and daughter apart, Robin chuckles at Chandler, who stared at them with an almost disgruntled expression.

Carmen smacked Robin's nose, who gave her a look of disbelief. "Dada, you fwogot Chwandwer!"

Robin turned to Eliana, who hid her laughter behind her hand as she watched them lovingly, and Apollo, who was cackling beside her like a mad man. He smirked, shaking his head and grabbed Chandler, giving the boy an eskimo kiss as the children in his arms shared laughter.

"Now that's one adorable sight," Apollo was smiling, sincerely.

"I know, he's so good with them," Eliana grinned. Guilt bubbled up in her chest, remembering the deal she made. It was the only choice, to keep her family alive, but until then, she wanted to keep this forever. "Better than I am."

This was her swan song, the last time she'd see them together. Then, Robin wouldn't have to watch constantly over his shoulder. She was going to end it, bring it all down with her, make sure she takes it to the grave.

🐍