' home '

🐍

   "THE FUCK are you doing, doll?" Robin grunted softly, almost sliding out his gun had it been anyone else and not his own daughter. She had woken him up by unceremoniously jumping up and down on his own bed, with a wide grin that not once did he see most of the time in the mornings.

It was supposed to even be him waking her up and not the other way around, what caused this rare phenomenon, he wouldn't know. It's like a Christmas morning, and as far as he knew, it wasn't even close to December, but he still remembers the day she was born like it was only yesterday.

Carmen Grace Murdock was born the night of December 24th, just a few minutes before midnight, but now it was exactly 1 am and Robin didn't know whether to cry or laugh, but the baby in his fianceè's arms, he couldn't believe was his.

The little girl was so precious, though born immaturely, supposed to still be birthed in January. Carmen was gently placed into his arms, his wife watching them with a teary-eyed smile.

Robin had a wide grin as he marveled over his daughter. His baby girl, and looked up to her with gloosy eyes and a quivering bottom lip.

"Merry Christmas, love," His wife told him weakly, smiling.

Robin stood from where he sat, his daughter protectively clutched in his arms, he leaned down, kissing his wife's forehead. "Thank you so much,"

He looked down at the sleeping baby in his arms, rubbing the pad of his thumb along her soft cheeks, "Daddy's got you," and kissed her forehead firmly.

Robin had been the happiest that day, considering Carmen was even both a gift and a blessing. His wife had trouble with pregnancy and often their attempts would lead to awful miscarriages, but the last time they tried and finally succeeded with Carmen, he had been so protective. He had treated his wife like fragile glass and did everything he could possibly do to lead her out of harm's way. In the end, all his efforts had been worth everything when she pulled from the woods, alive and healthy.

"You know what day it is, daddy?" Carmen's eyes were shining with amusement and mischief, leading Robin to believe and wonder what she had planned up her sleeves.

Robin quirked an eyebrow, "Should I, doll? I do know it's not Christmas yet,"

Carmen huffed, "It's your birthday!" She flailed her arms up and down in the air to mark her point.

His eyes widened, smile spreading across his lips.

"It's finally safe to say you're officially an old man!"

Silence.

His smile turned into a smirk and his eyes narrowed suspiciously, before he wrapped his legs around hers and tackled her on his bed, his fingers finding her sides. She started laughing at the gesture, hastily swatting at him and tried to get away.

"Old man, hm? Maybe I'll show you how old I am when I take you down in sparring," Robin taunts, his torture causing her to laugh harder.

"Maybe you'll move slower and then I'll beat you!" Carmen laughs, doing some complicated movement with her body and Robin finds himself dragging down the covers and his back taking the brunt of the floor, a groan coming from his lips. Laughter bubbled up from atop his bed, in a split second, Carmen had ran out, her laughs following her.