[Special] speaking with nu'est →

If you’ve been familiar with our list of interviewees, this has actually been our third interview withNU’EST! Returning with their latest single off their very first full length album, “Good Bye Bye“, some of the members of the band have came back with pretty drastic visual changes, few of which includes Ren‘s manly transformation and Baekho‘s new hair colour – but more than that, the boys returned with a more mature look and sound, coupled with over 2 years of experience in the industry.

Here’s a message from the boys to you guys!

We were excited to have been given the opportunity to speak with them, so here goes our interview with the boys!

1) It was great meeting you guys in Korea (March 2013) last year – what have you been up to since then?

[JR] Long time no see! We were happy to meet you last year! Well, as you know we released our ‘Sleep Talking‘ album last August and, we came back with our first full length album ‘Re:BIRTH‘ this year!! It’s already been 10 months since ‘Sleep Talking‘ album. During the 10 months, Aron was busy being a international DJ by his radio ‘Music Access‘, Minhyun started his career as an actor from MBC every1 sitcom ‘Reckless Family Season 3‘. And I was studying rap making during the time.

2) On a scale of 1-10, tell us how much you miss Singapore!

[Aron] Of course it’s a 10!!! We miss and love every L.O.∧.E no matter who they are and where they come from (: We visited Singapore last year October to perform at a Vizit Korea. It’s already been about 9 months! We really want to visit Singapore once again!

3) You have just released your first new full length album “Re:Birth“. Can you tell us more about the album, and how the concept for it came about?

[Baekho] Our concept for this album is like the title, NU’EST’s ‘Re:BIRTH‘! With the title songGood Bye Bye, this album has 8 new songs. Also, the hidden track Hey,LOVE is only in the album so if you want to listen to Hey,LOVE you’ll have to get our album! (:

[Minhyun] Because all of our members have turned adults in Korean age, we wanted to show our fans a more matured NU’EST so we discussed with our staffs and they agreed too. If you take Ren as an example, Ren wanted to cut his hair short and get rid of his blonde hair as a transformation. His opinion was taken by our staffs and made it come true. Also we wanted to show the natural and real side of NU’EST. Please give lots of love to our new album!

4) What were some of the challenges NU’EST faced while preparing for this new full length album? (etc. Was the new choreography difficult to learn? Was choosing a song from the list to be the title track hard?) How did you cope with it?

[JR] Everyone was so careful and thoughtful when it became deciding our title song because it was our first full length album. After we chose the title song, we kept remaking the choreography since we wanted to show the best performance. The choreography was changed until the day before shooting our music video. It was tired and tough but after the music video was completed we all were very happy and satisfied.

5) By the looks of your teaser images and video, we’re extremely excited for your comeback, but one of the biggest changes we noticed was Ren finally cutting off his long blonde hair, and having his hair dyed to a darker colour – giving off an even manlier image then before. Why this change, and what are your thoughts on your fans’ reactions on your image change?