Chapter 15

Nevaeh

"Hey you!" I smiled at Khalil as he kissed my temple.

"Excuse Trevon's messiness." He waved off Trevon's side of the room.

"So I wanna take you somewhere" He said and I looked over at him with a pout.

"You said we were staying in today." I looked out the window at the rain.

"I know but my professor directed a play and we get extra points if we go." He said grabbing my hands pulling me closer. I still get those butterflies.

"Fine. Let me go change." I said really not wanting to go out to the rain.

"You look gorgeous." He said and I looked down at my sweats, slides, and compression shirt.

"Come get me in 10 minutes." I laughed pushing him away before going back to my room.

5 minuets later there was a knock and I rolled my eyes.

"Didn't I- Daddy!" I gasped at my dad pulling him into a hug. Even though I text him everyday I miss his presence.

"Hey there babygirl! Did I catch you at a bad time?" He asked pulling me into a bear hug.

"No- , Well actually sorta, me and a friend were just about to go to a play." I said fumbling with my hands.

"I-" He was interrupted by another knock at the door. He turned around and opened it to a surprised Khalil. I made a sorry face behind his face.

"Dad meet my friend Khalil. Khalil this is my father." I introduced the two and Khalil rose his eyebrows at the word friend. We were more than friends, but my dad wouldn't exactly approve of him because of his major. He felt as if those in the music industry are jokes and if you aren't there by now you're wasting your time. This is coming from a producer.

"Nice to meet you young man." My dad said holding his hand out.

"Likewise sir." Khalil said shaking his hand.

"So I heard you're taking my daughter out to a play. You don't mind if I tag along do you?" My dad asked and my eyes widen. Bad idea!

"I mean I don't mind, Nevaeh?" He asked and my dad turned to me as I plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Sure." I said turning to grab my phone and purse.

"Let's stop by the lounge so I can tell my friends that I'm leaving." I said grabbing my umbrella and walking ahead of the two.

"So dad why the surprise visit? Where is mom and Nelly?" I asked in the elevator.

"They left me to go visit your nana and you know how much she hates me, so I decided it would be pretty nice to make this little drive to see you." He explained and I nodded.

My nana or should I say my mom's mom despises my dad. As soon as he ran off with my mom to elope she's never forgave him. It took her 5 years to fully forgive my mom and that's only because that's her only daughter and she wanted a relationship with her grandkids.

I walked over to the lounge to see Jayda and Angel with their boos watching what looked to be American Horror Story.

"My dad is here." I called out as both girls snapped their neck back. They said my dad was fine and Angel was ready to be my stepmom. They've both talked to him before on facetime.

"Mr. Porter!" Both girls jumped up out of their positions to go hug my dad.

"Jayda good seeing you again. Angel nice to finally meet you in person." My dad said giving them each an individual hug. As my dad turned his head away from Angel she winked me and I pretended to gag.