Amnesia.

• Dedicated to 5 seconds of summer

Forgotten.

Copyright ® All Rights Reserved

Chapter Four : Amnesia.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about these stupid little things. How it feels to fall asleep next to you, and the memories I never can escape, cause I'm not fine at all."

Chrissy Megan Cosgrove.

14th November 2014, 7:55 p.m.

I woke up to the sound of machines beeping. What happened to me? Why am I here? What's going on?

I tried opening my eyes, but I just couldn't. It's as if it's glued shut. I tried reaching out, but my body is too stiff, I couldn't move. I tried speaking, no voice came out of my mouth.

I heard someone mumbled something. There's people in the room. They're talking. But I can't hear them. The voices are muffled.

I did make out a few words though. "unconscious" , "accident" .

I heard footsteps coming closer and closer to me. "What's happening?" I wanted to ask. But no voice came out.

Someone sat down beside me, and held my hand.

"Talk to her," said a woman, "she can hear you," she paused while choking back her tears and said, "I'll leave you two alone."

What is going on?

"Hey, Chris." the boy started.

Okay, am I hallucinating or am I dead?

"So, how are you?" he continued.

Oh, I can't see or move or talk, but I guess my body is here, so, I'm pretty great.

"It's Calum here. Don't worry, I'm here."

Calum who? Worry, why worry? Wha-?

"You know, Chris, I'm really sorry."

Sorry what? Why are you saying sorry?

"Look, I don't know if you can hear me? Or if you're okay, or if you will ever wake up. But, I want you to know, I'm always here, waiting for you."

I think I heard his voice quavered. Is he crying? Why is he crying? What is he talking about?

I heard the screeching of a chair. And then followed by a deafening silence. He's gone. 

So I'm left, alone, in an empty room. With myself and my own thoughts. What has become of me? Am I actually supposed to be dead but is being supported by those machines I hear beeping?

My life is dark and cold. Knowing no one and feeling the empty nothingness of things around me. I don't remember anything. How I got here, who's that boy that talked to me, what happened, why are people crying or most importantly, who I am.

Why can't I see the world, why can't anyone tell me what's happening. Even just a small single detail might help. I want the answers, I need answers.

I couldn't live my life, not knowing if I would ever wake up from whatever I'm in or ever knowing who I am and what's my past. It is torturing. Every single minute that's passing. I just need answers.

I heard the door unlock and footsteps ran to my bed.

"Why is she on the hospital bed? Tell me this is not true." said another boy's voice.

"Mr. Hemmings. I need you to take what I'm going to tell you very calmly." an older and more mature mad voice said.

This is the moment of truth.

"Well , Chrissy here, she has gone through a lot the past few days. She was involved in a car accident and , unlikely for her, she had a huge impact with the car that gave her concussions. She is now in coma, she's not dead, but we will not know when she'll wake up, of if she'll ever wake up. But we hope that's not the case with her. " said the man.

"Could this get any worse?" the younger guy said.

"Actually, and unfortunately, yes. As the impact to her head is too big, so it triggers the brain vein causing the lost of memory. Which means amnesia. She could not remember anything of her past, or even herself. If she's lucky, her memories will come back later and gradually. It might take years or even decades. Even then, either her memory will come back in whole or just partially. We will help her through this difficult journey and hope she recovers as soon."

"She won't remember us." the younger guy stated, and broke down into tears.

Silence took over the room once again, as all of us in the room, absorbs what the man just said.

Holy crap. So that's the truth behind my life. Now I wished I didn't hear the answer to all my questions.