"I'm sure you-"

"I told you, now please, leave me alone," I interrupted while covering my face with my pillow again.

I heard her try to say something, but stop as she got up and seemed to walk away. Upon hearing the door close a moment later, the tears returned and they weren't going to stop any time soon.

~•~•~

"Kelsey, why don't you get out of bed?" my dad asked. "It's three in the afternoon and you've been in there for twenty three hours at the least."

"I'm not coming out," I snapped, my head still underneath the pillow.

I've made the decision that I'm spending the weekend in my room and nothing's going to get me to come out.

"I've got caramel popcorn and cookie dough ice cream."

Well, almost nothing.

I hesitantly exited my room, burying myself in my hoodie. My hair was a complete wreck, but I didn't care one bit. My eyes were completely bloodshot and wet from crying all night. I've never felt so horrible in my entire life. Everything is my fault, and I regret it 100%.

"Have you been sulking all night?" my dad inquired, eyeing my ragged appearance with a worried expression.

I nodded, not wanting to lie, since I've already messed up enough this weekend. I took a seat at my living room couch after grabbing a bowl of cookie dough ice cream, wanting to hide in my hoodie as I stretched it out, and flipped the hood up.

"You'll get over it soon enough," my mom cut in while sitting next to me on the sofa.

I returned her gaze with a solemn expression. "Don't you see..?" I asked, brokenness in my tone. "This is all my fault and I can't take it back.."

Zach's P.O.V.

"Zach, you have to come out sometime..," Mom stated with a knock on my door. "You've been in there all weekend and you're not skipping school," she added sternly.

"I thought you were the one who wanted to homeschool me," I retorted as I laid on my bed, face down on my pillow.

"At least come out and say hello to your sister," she prodded from the other side of the door. "She's been alone the whole weekend."

I rolled over onto my back, running my fingers through my hair. "That's why I'm in here," I replied with an expressionless voice. "She's not my real sister, and she told me to get away from her."

I heard a disgusted sigh from the other room as my mom walked away. "You'd better get ready for school," she said. "You get to see your friends."

And I get to see someone who absolutely hates me.

Kelsey.

For the whole weekend, the only thing I've done is stay in my room, not talking to anyone. I only left to get the occasional snack or to use the restroom.

Hayleigh clearly doesn't want anything to do with me, but I still love her. I've known her for her whole life, and she's truly like a real sister to me. Seeing her like this breaks my heart, and knowing that I'm the cause of it makes it even worse.

I groaned as I sat up on my bed, rubbing my eyes. I looked over at my guitar which I hadn't touched in three days since I haven't been in the mood. The last time I played, I was showing Hayleigh how to, and I don't want to think about that one bit.

Upon walking down the stairs, I caught sight of Hayleigh, and she looked me straight in the eyes, quickly turning away when our gazes met. I let out a sigh, making sure I stayed as far away from her as possible.