Prologue

Just a quick note before the story begins that this will be the only chapter in 3rd person, due to the purpose of this prologue is to explain Zach's situation. Please enjoy, and if you did, it would be amazing if you could show any support that you are willing to give. Thank you, and I hope you enjoy Peripheral Vision! <3

~•~•~

Zach walked slowly, but surely through the school's front gates. This was his first day at this school that he was attending. The lack of having any of his siblings attending this school with him were going to be hard. Learning the ropes of this school was going to be extremely difficult, especially due to his lack of vision. As soon as he stepped in the view of his fellow peers, he felt their gazes fall upon him.

"Who's the new guy?" he heard someone ask.

"I don't know, but his eyes look pretty strange," another person whispered.

Zach carefully walked past, in an attempt not to bump into anything. The new environment of the school was beginning to become overwhelming. People crowded the heavily used hallways and it was a struggle for Zach to judge the distance between him and his peers so that he could walk around without any collisions. However, a few steps into his stride, someone slammed into him, both Zach and the other person falling over onto the hallway floor. Papers and books flew everywhere as the penetrating stares fell upon Zach once again.

"Dude, I was right in front of you," an angry voice exclaimed. "Look where you're going."

"That's not exactly the easiest thing for me to do," countered Zach sheepishly, feeling around to pick up the books layered among the floor. "I apologize."

"Why not? Are you blind or something?" the voice inquired, aggressively shoving Zach aside.

Zach hoisted himself up, leaning against the lockers on the wall directly beside him so he wouldn't lose his balance. His sightless eyes stared into the matching gaze as he replied, "Bingo."

"What a freak."

He then roughly pushed Zach out of the way and walked off. Laughing was heard in the distance, as the bully then reached his friend group, slapping high fives and exchanging rude remarks. Zach let out a long, frustrated sigh as he continued on down the hall, his books in hand.

High school is a wonderful, wonderful thing.