Mistake?

Chapter 8

Kaleb POV

Beep beep beep beep

Ugh! That stupid alarm clock I still can't believe my mom moved my alarm clock from my bed side all the way towards my dresser. It's fucking annoying. 

Last night after coming home from the restaurant all I could think about was that kiss that I shared with Lina? God was it a mistake? 

Couldn't be she kissed me back though, I gotta go talk to her. After sitting on my bed for what seemed like hours I got up and showered and got ready. Today was Saturday I'm just hoping that she is working today.

My phone rang looking down at the caller and it was Brice my best friend since 4th grade.

"Hello" I heard him stumble and cuss. This idiot must've tripped over something

"Ay Kaleb my man what's up?" he answered semi- breathlessly

"Not much just gonna leave my house pretty soon"

"Cool but you still coming to the party tonight right?" Shit that was tonight? I had forgotten about it.

"Yeah I'll be there" 

"Alright see you tonight man"

"Yep see ya" We hung up and I finished putting the shirt over my head and made my way downstairs. 

"Mom I'm going out for a bit eat dinner without me tonight!" I yelled out. My mom owns the art gallery downtown so I didn't even know if she was home but I still announced it.

I stopped by the restaurant that Lina worked at and they said that her shift didn't start until 8 tonight.

"Hey can I have Lina Samuel's number if you have it by any chance" 

"Sorry but we don't give out employees personal information" 

"Oh right never mind" I walked out of the place and thought long and hard in the car. I didn't even know where she lived or her number. 

There's gotta be a way I can contact her.  Then I just remembered "Tyler!" 

I pulled my phone out and quickly dialed Brice's number again.

"Ay Brice! You know anybody that has Cade's number?"

"Tyler Cade?"

"Yeah Tyler, know anyone?"

"Yeah Branden (Brice's little brother) knows his brother Jake"

"Nice can you ask him for his brothers number?"

"Yeah but why do you need his number I thought you don't chill with soccer players"

"Nah I just needed him to help me find Lina." 

"Wait Lina, Lina Samuels from our chemistry class"

"Yeah her."

"Why you need her for?" He pressed. 

"Bro! Just shut up with all the thousand questions, and don't worry about why I need her number. Do you got it or not? " On top of his annoying as questions I had no time or patience to answer him.

"Fine I got the number I'll send it to you" I silently celebrated almost forgetting that I was still on the phone.

"Alright thanks man see you tonight"

"Bet"

Finally got the number so I dialed didn't take long until I heard Tyler answer

"Uh Hello?"