Promises

Chapter 31

I woke up and I wasn't on the sofa in the living room. I looked at my surroundings and found myself inside a familiar room. Tyler was on the floor sleeping. I can hear his soft snoring. I Got up because I wanted to check on Rosie. We have been here often so this was pretty much our second home. I tiptoed so that I wouldn't wake up Tyler.

Walking into Rosie's room (yes Rosie has a room) the scene in front of me warmed my heart on so many levels. I See Rosie Sleeping peacefully coddled by her uncle jake.

I can tell jake will be a good father when the time comes, I still remember when I brought Rosie home from the hospital swaddled in a soft pink blanket I remember the look of awe on Jakes face. After a difficult labor I remember Tyler and jake and their parents came during visiting hours. Tyler was with me during labor and delivery. Jake had to go to school even though he begged to stay with me. When jake finally came in to the room I remember falling asleep and I saw jake holding Rosie. I knew that from that day If Anything were to happen to me I Know Tyler and jake will be there to take care of her.
Jake was holding Rosie and I can hear him whisper to her.
"I promise to love you like you're my own."
"Uncle Jake got You babygirl. Always"

That memory always made me grateful for  not only Tyler and Jake but their parents as well.

It just hurts that I'm planning on leaving. And this time I'm not coming back.