I didn't even acknowledge what was happening until I started feeling my heart beating so hard, I thought it would burst.

He pulled away right when I started feeling lightheaded and rubbed his thumb over my lips and cheek as the the air returned to my lungs.

"Because you're mine." He whispered. "You're my everything now."

I couldn't speak. I was too surprised to even blink. So I just stared wide eyed at him until i started noticing things I hadn't seen before.

Like the tiny scar under his left eye on his cheekbone. The way he blinked really fast whenever he was nervous. The curve of his upper lip which gave him a cupid's bow and was now being pulled on by his teeth. The way his stormy grey eyes I had come to fall in love with weren't really grey at all but had flecks of brown in them. The way his lips formed my name as his brows pulled together in worry.

"Huh? Sorry I was uh..." I blinked,
coming out of the haze.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He softly said, his rough knuckles scorching my cheek as he finally pulled his fingers out of my hair. I could tell he was starting to think about whether or not kissing me was such a good idea by the look on his face.

But I wanted him to touch me everywhere.

I leaned over and kissed him this time. I didn't know what I was doing but from the overwhelming feeling I was getting in my chest, I guess I was doing something right. His lips moved against mine and I felt his hand skim my waist, his fingers hot against my cold skin.

I didn't know I gasped until I felt him smile against my lips and could almost feel the butterflies burst out of my rib cage. His hands skimmed my lower back and I pressed my chest closer to his, wanting no space to be between us.

I pulled away when I started seeing stars against my closed eyelids and pressed my forehead against his with my eyes still closed.

"You have no idea how badly I've wanted to do that." I heard Jesse say, his voice raspy as he tried to even his breathing.

I gave a small laugh and moved off of his lap suddenly feeling too hot.

"I should get you a new ice pack." I said pointing to the watery ziplock. "I'll be right back." I padded into the kitchen and made a fresh bag of ice, taking a couple of seconds to cool myself down. I couldn't believe what had just happened.

He kissed me. Jesse kissed me. Then I actually kissed him. Is this real? Did that really just happen?

Slowly walking back, I replaced the melted bag with the new one and sat back down, not knowing what to say. The uncomfortable and painfully awkward silence was almost deafening.

"Please say something." I finally willed myself to say the same time Jesse did. We ended up laughing and the tension seemed to lift a little bit.

"C'mere." He opened his arms and I happily obeyed.

"I forgot to tell you you did really good tonight. I've never seen you fight before." I said a little surprised. Seeing him fight Casey was terrifying even though she had him flat on his back at the end. I knew he lost on purpose but I had a feeling Casey could seriously wound him if she really tried.

"Thanks. Even though the amount of teenage girls who had, no shame whatsoever, creeped me out." He made a face making me laugh.

"Aww c'mon. A guy like you in a room full of hormonal teenage girls? You can't blame them for trying." I teased.

"One of them kept yelling "suck my ass"...her mother was with her too." He replied extremely disturbed.

I didn't remember laughing this hard in my entire life. Jesse on the other hand was unamused.